Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 08:04 AM

837 posts, read 960,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't understand the whole trying to look like you're in a zone thing...you don't have to pretend you don't notice a girl is pretty, we want you to notice us...if you can't learn to make eye contact, and to own your masculinity and the fact you find women attractive, you're going to have a much harder time. Make a point to make eye contact and smile with everyone you pass until it feels comfortable, then you'll be ready to approach girls.
This is much better advice than pretending to fumble around whilst "zoned out" until she passes, and then proceed to stare at her while she's walking in the opposite direction. Like that's not creepy at all. No way.

OP, next time make eye contact and flash a giant smile, maybe a "hello" if she's nearby, then go back to doing what you're doing. You'll make yourself look approachable instead of awkward and weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 08:04 AM

38 posts, read 19,540 times
from the corner of my eye; I could tell she was looking at me . She fixed her hair, we walked past each other and she looked back subtly. We did not make eye contact, so pretty sure she didnt give me a stern look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
Can't a woman fix her hair without some random guy thinking she's coming on to him? Jeez.

Honestly from your brief story, if you two are in a city, she was probably looking back to make sure you weren't following her in a predatory way. 99.98% of the time that's why I do things like that. I make eye contact because that's what we're told to do to establish we're aware of creepers following us around and to stand our ground in case they get pushy. Eye contact followed by a stern, "Not interested."

Old 11-11-2014, 08:05 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Oh my God....she fixed her hair....

Move along with your day.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:10 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ia1v1chem View Post
from the corner of my eye; I could tell she was looking at me . She fixed her hair, we walked past each other and she looked back subtly. We did not make eye contact, so pretty sure she didnt give me a stern look.
Next time this happens, just smile and say hi, then go about your business. It's nonthreatening.

She will pick up the bait if she wants to talk to you. If all she says is hi back and keeps walking, let her walk.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:10 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,255 times
Nothing special. It may happen multiple times during the day. But you could approach her regardless did she fix her hair or not.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:14 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
What "situation" are you referring to, exactly? Someone of the opposite sex walked by you. It happens.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:15 AM

nope. the original post describes the exact situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
What "situation" are you referring to, exactly? Someone of the opposite sex walked by you. It happens.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:18 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
Quote:
nope. the original post describes the exact situation.
Not very clearly. A girl walked by. That's all you gave us. Unless you know you'll see her again, there is no situation, certainly not one described in your OP.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:28 AM

837 posts, read 960,300 times
Quote:
We did not make eye contact, so pretty sure she didnt give me a stern look.
From the corner of your eye, not making eye contact, there is no way for you to be "pretty sure" about whether she did or did not give you a stern look. It's 50% she may have, 50% she may not have.

You're overthinking a fantasy you're fabricating from a girl that looked your way and moved her hair back when it blew into her face as she was looking around. People look at people. They look around when they walk. Because you happened to be in her line of sight does not mean she was trying to come onto you.

Go strike up a conversation and then you'll have a reason to wonder, "Is it appropriate for me to approach her? Why is she touching her hair when I'm talking directly to her?"

Putting the cart before the horse here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Not very clearly. A girl walked by. That's all you gave us. Unless you know you'll see her again, there is no situation, certainly not one described in your OP.
Agreed. There's nothing here and it's creepy someone would make this many assumptions about a mere acknowledgment that they were standing where they were at that moment.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:32 AM

Okay, I'll try to fill you in with more details then.

She looked at me when she was in front of me , i could tell we wouldve made eye contact if i actually manned up and decided to look at her instead of acting like a little kid and play the high school 'try to let her know that i'm not interested when i am' game.

She preened her hair and glanced at me ... then we walked by and she looks over her shoulder as if it catch a glance (dont know whether it was to check if i was following her or cause of something else though; hence the mystery)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships