Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 11:52 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
This guy sounds like a catch:

Neil Clark Warren, eHarmony Founder, Says Gay Marriage 'Damaged His Company'

It's been a painful way to live for them because of people like you, Neil.
You know what I will find ironic and I feel it as sooner than later, that this Neil guy will be exposed as closet homo like ALL the other hypocrites exposed before. I saw him at his commercials and my gay radar is through the roof. I really thought he is openly gay so this article is news to me, LOL.

Isn't it worthy when an outspoken anti homo has been exposed his secret homo lifestyle? I've read about MANY of them and was like oh my how come hypocrites just don't get electrocuted or lightning struck already?

Anyway, what's the big deal if someone watches TV 24/7 or not? My husband hated that I watch
Bravo 24/7 but he didn't divorce me?!

I mean no wonder you're all single. It's all a matter of perspectives and priorities and getting off your high horses.

Do that and thank me later that you're not single anymore.

Last edited by meaning; 11-13-2014 at 12:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 11:57 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
You know what I will find ironic and I feel it as sooner than later, that this Neil guy will be exposed as closet homo like ALL the other hypocrites exposed before.

Isn't it worthy when an outspoken anti homo has been exposed his secret homo lifestyle? I've read about MANY of them and was like oh my how come hypocrites just don't get electrocuted or lightning struck already?

Anyway, what's the big deal if someone watches TV 24/7 or not? My husband hated that I watch
Bravo 24/7 but he didn't divorce me?!

I mean no wonder you're all single. It's all a matter of perspectives and priorities and getting off your high horses.

Do that and thank me later that you're not single anymore.
Truth be told, I wouldn't date or marry a woman that sat around and watched television 24/7, because it's not conducive to my lifestyle.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:02 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Truth be told, I wouldn't date or marry a woman that sat around and watched television 24/7, because it's not conducive to my lifestyle.
Glad you're not my husband THEN? Precisely my point, that's why we're not married. Some People have zero tolerance for it, my husband more like has no choice. haha.

To be fair to me, once he goes to bed, I let him watch what he wants because he will leave our room if I don't let him. That's how annoyed he is at my bravo shows.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:43 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
One of my difficulties is being outside my time line. Let me explain that. I'm never married, never even got close, so my appreciation of what life at 50 should be like is far different from that of most of the population. Further, since I'm an instructor, I am more often around 20 year olds than people of my own age, so my dating desires, indeed the way I mentally see myself is of that age.

So looking at what is available at the proper age can be a little be discouraging at least. As to why not date those in their 20's? Two reasons. First of all, my code of ethics won't allow it (and rightfully so). Despite my desires, I believe that the young should be involved with those of their own age. Secondly, what do we have in common?

Let me just say that if I were looking for a FWB, it wouldn't be a problem at all. Essentially, different desires at play.

BUT I AM NOT and in the search for companionship, it is a significant hurdle where the only answer might be experimentation with a lot of, potentially expensive, trial and error.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:16 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
This guy sounds like a catch:

Neil Clark Warren, eHarmony Founder, Says Gay Marriage 'Damaged His Company'

It's been a painful way to live for them because of people like you, Neil.
Ugh. Gross. I was never a fan of the guy (and am even less of one now), which actually kept me from using his site in my first couple years of online dating. I can't deny that it ended up being the one that worked the best for me, though.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:20 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Being from the Midwest, I think I'd have a much better chance in places like Chicago, Madison, or Minneapolis.
Chicago definitely draws attractive professional women from all over the country and world (especially the Midwest, but elsewhere too), which worked to my advantage for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships