Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a man who's paid for sex in the past?
Yes 31 44.93%
No 38 55.07%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 02:21 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times

Advertisements

Say what you want, Hives, but you're not the one earning a living at this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I call it the vending machine mentality. They think they just put in money and vagina falls out. Then they get pissed that the vending machine is broken. Don't worry, they really don't all think that way.
Often enough, those types are pretty easy to read. In such cases, the best thing to do is order the most expensive thing on the menu and watch them salivate in anticipation.

I know, I know, wicked, bad, naughty Zoot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 02:23 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Say what you want, Hives, but you're not the one earning a living at this stuff.
It wouldn't be the first time someone was bad at their job.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
It wouldn't be the first time someone was bad at their job.
The best you can do, eh?

I rest my case.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:43 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,129 times
Why is this topic still ongoing?
OP, you got your answer. From the collection of answers in here, you have two options - to break up or to simply keep this information for yourself because women aren't really permissive when it comes to what the guy does in his life, either past or present.

I'm pretty sure that this means that you'll probably lie or keep it a secret if you like a woman you're with. Never once did I see people being honest when they know that certain thing about themselves will make them screened out by a man/woman they seem to like, at least not in the city I dated.... I've seen it with women I dated, I've seen it done by men I was hanging out with. This is how people date in America if they like someone, people are generally very "smiley" and "warm" but it's mostly a facade and a shallow and false welcoming, formalities. You shouldn't expect much, it's nice at first but it gets very revolting over time when you figure out just how toxic the whole dating environment is. It may be that this is reserved to dating scene in metro areas, though.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
OP, you got your answer. From the collection of answers in here, you have two options - to break up or to simply keep this information for yourself because women aren't really permissive when it comes to what the guy does in his life, either past or present.
Yes, because not wanting to be with someone who has paid for sex means that women aren't permissive about ANYTHING.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that this means that you'll probably lie or keep it a secret if you like a woman you're with. Never once did I see people being honest when they know that certain thing about themselves will make them screened out by a man/woman they seem to like, at least not in the city I dated....
Well, then she'll have a built-in excuse for dumping him when she finds out, then, won't she? Very easy to say, "It's not that you were with a hooker. It's that you lied about it."

Once you lie outright to someone about something like that, you blow their trust clear out of the water. That, to me, would be far more unappealing than a 45-year-old virgin.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:13 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,129 times
Quote:
Well, then she'll have a built-in excuse for dumping him when she finds out, then, won't she? Very easy to say, "It's not that you were with a hooker. It's that you lied about it."

Once you lie outright to someone about something like that, you blow their trust clear out of the water. That, to me, would be far more unappealing than a 45-year-old virgin.
Factor why people do that is this:
1. because chances of being discovered are very slim
2. because they plan on getting you "trapped first", then even if you find out you'll feel coerced to stay, either emotionally or in any other way.
3. it actually works to achieve what they want and it gives them a maximum comfort, they don't really care about others besides themselves

This isn't a way to do things if you go with desire to make it work on the long run but it's widespread in USA, at least that's what's very rampant in bigger metro areas. I've seen it and experienced it first hand. Such behavior isn't just about lies and things that "stay in the past", it's a good signal with the most probable future behavior.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Factor why people do that is this:
1. because chances of being discovered are very slim
2. because they plan on getting you "trapped first", then even if you find out you'll feel coerced to stay, either emotionally or in any other way.
3. it actually works to achieve what they want and it gives them a maximum comfort, they don't really care about others besides themselves

This isn't a way to do things if you go with desire to make it work on the long run but it's widespread in USA, at least that's what's very rampant in bigger metro areas. I've seen it and experienced it first hand. Such behavior isn't just about lies and things that "stay in the past", it's a good signal with the most probable future behavior.
Over the years, my ex-hub and other men I was involved with told me some things they were not very proud about with their behavior, things that other women might have dumped them over--including having visited a cat house with some Army buddies. But I'm glad they told me for a few reasons:

1. It signaled to me that they felt comfortable enough with me to be honest with me, like they knew I wouldn't judge them, and I didn't.

2. I knew them better for it. In fact, I actually admired their courage in telling me.

3. They knew that I loved them for THEM and not some false image of them.

It's better to just be honest about potential deal-breakers. You say the chances of someone finding out are slim, but you know what? People find out, and they tend to find out in the worst ways, at the worst times imaginable.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:19 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
The best you can do, eh?

I rest my case.
Good, then we won't have to see any more made up information! Everyone wins.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:05 PM

408 posts, read 722,901 times
Quote:
That, to me, would be far more unappealing than a 45-year-old virgin.
Well I mean you've already made it clear that a 45 year old virgin wouldn't have a chance anyway so.... I mean if he uses hookers a few times at least he'll get some experience and not be a virgin and more important be able to satisfy you in bed if necessary. You won't have to teach him in the bedroom if he's been with hookers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships