Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you remember everybody you've had sex with?
Yes 63 55.26%
No 51 44.74%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 11:53 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times

Advertisements

Of course not. I never even knew some of their names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 12:01 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
It's soo funny how it's so two sided: A woman has sex with a lot of men and she's a W. A man has sex with a lot of women and he's a stud. Yet none of the men on here are getting bashed or stupid rep comments, yet the women who actually admit to be freely sexually are getting blasted and stupid rep comments. Unbelievable..

Old 11-14-2014, 12:03 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
It's soo funny how it's so two sided: A woman has sex with a lot of men and she's a W. A man has sex with a lot of women and he's a stud. Yet none of the men on here are getting bashed or stupid rep comments, yet the women who actually admit to be freely sexually are getting blasted and stupid rep comments. Unbelievable..

They're getting blasted by low IQ / 1950s worldview thinking guys. Who gives a crap what these types think?

Old 11-14-2014, 12:04 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,792,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
But let's be honest...it doesn't really happen that way a lot of the time.

Oh sure, women especially will lie to themselves and claim it's "okay", that they "just want sex too".

But in general, women are hardwired to want more than just sex with a partner.

Often they are agreeable to the sex because they are secretly hoping it will mean the other person will now consider a relationship with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yes, it really does.
Men and women aren't any different in this respect. I think you're, no offense, kind of living in a fantasy land (the old antiquated storyland with the notion that women want love and men want sex). There are just as many men as women that want committed loving relationships, and just as many women as men that just want to go out, get it on, and move on.

I think it's somewhere in between, to be honest. Yes, there are plenty of men that want committed relationships. Yes, there are plenty of women that want casual flings. But I wouldn't dare say that there are "just as many" of each.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
As a "promiscuous" man, I can assure you that we also get plenty of bashing and stupid rep comments. The days of viewing sexually active men as "studs" are basically over (not that I approved of that view in the first place), but it rarely happens anymore, except possibly among his own peers. If you want, you're welcome to PM me and we can swap horror stories

Old 11-14-2014, 12:08 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,605,540 times
Quote:
I don't know what you're talking about, I get blasted all the time on here.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I think it's somewhere in between, to be honest. Yes, there are plenty of men that want committed relationships. Yes, there are plenty of women that want casual flings. But I wouldn't dare say that there are "just as many" of each.

As I'm dating in my 40s, I wouldn't debate you / disagree with you if you told me more women want flings / hook ups than men. But I'm guessing that is not what you were trying to say.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
As I'm dating in my 40s, I wouldn't debate you / disagree with you if you told me more women want flings / hook ups than men. But I'm guessing that is not what you were trying to say.
Sorry, poor wording on my part. I'm trying to say that there are not as many women as men who want casual relationships, and not as many men as women who want committed ones. I acknowledge that there are a lot of each, but there's still definitely a discrepancy.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Agree there are plenty of men who want committed relationships and that there are women who really want casual flings - those folks are usually "older and wiser" (have lived long enough to have experienced life and know what they really want)

In general, some younger women and some younger men agree to sex in hopes it will lead to a real relationship.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Sorry, poor wording on my part. I'm trying to say that there are not as many women as men who want casual relationships, and not as many men as women who want committed ones. I acknowledge that there are a lot of each, but there's still definitely a discrepancy.

Ok. I don't see it. Not once I hit my late 30s/40s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships