Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 06:05 PM

3,156 posts, read 3,332,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corijei View Post
More like 30-35.
I was one of them and smartened up. Bad Boys aren't gonna change.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:06 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,632,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
Some girls like "la vida loca" (The crazy life) and a "bad boy" seems to give them the adrenaline rush they want.

Some girls don't want to settle down and want just to go through the motions. Most wake up and realize life isn't gonna wait for them and change, others just have 30 something or even 40 and they still show no sign of being mature at all. Or they become codependent.

If your friend OP likes to be misstreated well...let her knock herself out with that. Some people need to learn the hard way.

She should go date Ray rice or the next Ike Turner just not saying she deserves it but if she keep letting it happen over and over and over it is on her more than anything.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:13 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,008,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I was one of them and smartened up. Bad Boys aren't gonna change.
Same here.

However the type of guy I want does not seem to be available to me, but I will keep trying to strike up a conversation and pray that one day I will get a good one.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:18 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,632,519 times
I wish i was a bad boy it hard to date when you a guy with a sensitive side . Woman think your a push over but i stand up for myself and other people. I can be a jerk if I need to be. My problem is am in touch with my emotions. I do not cry over everything I am not over emotional I just need to hide my emotions better so woman do not find out .

Old 11-13-2014, 06:29 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,167,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I've never been into bad boys, but it always seemed to me the type that did, did it for fun/sex. The same way I think some guys go after "bad girls" for fun/sex. It's nothing serious. Women going after bad boys might for a combination of reasons, but to me, it seems like most tend to be younger and not wanting to settle down just yet. They are sowing their wild oats.

I also think that some women that always go after the bad men, even past the collage years (and even marry them) tend to have self esteem issues. They feel they "deserve" to be treated poorly for some reason or they can't do any better.

I'd say if you are a good guy and you fall for a woman who likes bad boys... you are barking up the wrong tree. She's got issues. Try someone else who doesn't go after the bad apples.
I agree. To add, some girls who go for bad, wanna try and change them. Kinda that confidence booster that, "the jerk changed for me-I'm special."

So, women who want to settle down, or have a solid, meaningful relationship, don't want a jerk, or "bad boy." The women who do, like you said, just want fun. And aside from that, women who have self-esteem issues, and/or are very naive.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:33 PM

48,384 posts, read 34,511,198 times
When your young and out to have fun it makes sense to go for a "bad" guy or girl. All you're concerned with is having fun and sex for the most part.

In general people develop other priorities as they get older, and look for a more grounded mate.

When I was young the last thing I wanted was some guy who was looking to settle down, we would have been a horrible match.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-13-2014, 06:34 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,944,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
I agree but women seem to stay in this stage until about age 25
Quote:
More like 30-35.

I'm not sure where you two meet your women, or if maybe you are just unlucky, but I couldn't disagree more with these statements. I did most of my dating when I was 24-25 (married just before 26) and never really ran into this. When I did they were exceptions.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:36 PM

1,776 posts, read 1,211,118 times
Quote:
More like 30-35.
+1 I agree....its sad, honestly.

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I just want a lady in the street and a freak in the sheets . When i say lady in the streets i am not talking about a hooker just a woman that knows how to act like a woman and when the lights go out is a freak.
+1000. It is VERY hard to find this!!!!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-13-2014 at 10:41 PM..

Old 11-13-2014, 07:33 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,008,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerStroke View Post
Bad boy is a euphemism for not being weak, boring, whiny, shy, reserved, introverted, jealous, devious and metrosexual.
Yes this.

I like manly men. (Screen names like "Powerstroke" peak my interest , big diesel trucks!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships