Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 03:00 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,100 times

Advertisements

I agree that you should not misrepresent yourself, definitely a bad idea. He may choose not to date you, but that's life. I always post current pictures of myself on profiles. My face is average at best and thin to no hair, but I work out a lot to try to even things out and I still manage to get dates. Bottom line is not everyone is going to like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 03:03 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
If you misrepresent yourself there are bigger issues than your size. If the photo is recent and accurate, go for it.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:19 PM

7,080 posts, read 8,943,199 times
You should post a full body pic, be upfront about being a BBW, there are guys who like bigger girls and there are dating sites you could probably find on google.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:40 PM

111 posts, read 125,135 times
No matter what all the 'you go girl' people say if you lie to a guy he will resent it. If your profile is accurate and he wants to date you then good luck, but if your profile is a lie AS SOON as he sees you then your lie crumbles. If you are happy in yourself please find a guy that likes you for you. If your not happy with your body image then you have the power to change it whenever you want. Be honest, its the best policy

Old 11-14-2014, 09:59 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I like chubby girls.. I really do... no BS.... I always have... I don't know why... I just love curves on a woman.

That being said... I wouldn't want a woman to lie to me and misrepresent herself to me... I can see it more so with dudes that don't like heavy woman...

It really boils down to an honesty issue... the weight or lack of is really secondary.....

Old 11-14-2014, 10:09 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I like chubby girls.. I really do... no BS.... I always have... I don't know why... I just love curves on a woman.

That being said... I wouldn't want a woman to lie to me and misrepresent herself to me... I can see it more so with dudes that don't like heavy woman...

It really boils down to an honesty issue... the weight or lack of is really secondary.....
Oh hell yes.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:13 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
If someone is that concerned about weight, they will find a way to ask you about it. If they do not ask, then they may be the kind of person who takes what they get and thinks nothing of it.

As a young black man living in a majority white country, I used to ask people if they were aware that I am black when social interaction is suggested or offered and initiated from a phone call (most people cannot tell by my voice that I am Black.)

Then, a couple decades or so ago, I decided that it is not my problem if they are expecting something "other" and are surprised, offended, disappointed, shocked, relieved, thrilled, angered, excited, or anything else when they see "what I am." If it is that important to them - then scroow 'em.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:43 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
The most important thing as far as photos go is for them to be accurate. If the photos only show your face, then you're not making any promises about your body, so you're not doing anything wrong as far as I'm concerned. If the photos DO show your body, but aren't really an accurate depiction of it (because they're old, or at a weird angle, or whatever), then that's misleading and not cool.

Probably best to just include an accurate full-body shot on the profile (regardless of one's body type), so people can either take it or leave it and you don't have to wonder if they're surprised or disappointed on the date.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:46 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
If someone is that concerned about weight, they will find a way to ask you about it.
Not only that, but if someone is that concerned about weight they're probably not going to go on a date with a person who doesn't have full body shots in their profile photos.

My experience was that women who didn't include fairly recent full-body shots on their dating profile were insecure about their bodies, and were usually (though not always) very overweight.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:58 PM

837 posts, read 960,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
My experience was that women who didn't include fairly recent full-body shots on their dating profile were insecure about their bodies, and were usually (though not always) very overweight.
Well darn. Does this outcome happen often for others? Guess I should schedule a photo shoot and not use outdated (but still accurate) snaps when I start OLD again.

They never were an issue in my previous city, but after my move maybe that's why I was getting only awful messages of no substance from trashy dudes. I hate this town. ...and photographs, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships