Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 08:08 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am not a leech. I work full time 40-55 hours a week.

I qualify because of my income and expenses. My daycare bill alone is almost $1000 a month. If I was able to obtain child support, I probably would not qualify but for now, I do. I will collect the $200 in monthly food stamps and medical insurance for my kids until I no longer qualify.
That's the ticket, lol
Each kid gets you a piece of the taxpayers hard earned income....
Thats the game, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 08:11 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Then sell your flash car. You have no good reason to be using tapayer's money so that YOU can have a cushy lifestyle. Then you come on this forum and tell everyone you're going to lie to get a man? Do you realise what that screams about your character or so you just not care what peop/e think of you?
I have saved money, made good financial decisions, and worked hard for the cushy lifestyle that I enjoy. I don't need to sell my car. I can afford it just fine and selling it would not effect my assistance qualification. Frankly I drive what works for me and my lifestyle. I don't drive what I drive as a status symbol or just because it is expensive.

Frankly I am grasping at straws with online dating to try to attract the type of man that. I am looking for. Education seems to be the next realistic change. And in the end I did not lie, I changed my profile to say I have had some college! which is the truth.

I do have a professional job so there is no reason why I should not be able to attract similar people.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:00 AM

531 posts, read 1,177,507 times
To be hobest, I don't think putting some college or no college on your profile make any difference.
What stop many men to approach you is most likely age and/or kids. You will still find someone, but your choices are more limited than younger women with no kids.

I do not know what type of professional job you have. In my city, there are many societies/club for people who has professional job. For example, CPA society, CFA society, business society and so on. You might not find dates on the first meeting, but you get to know more people and go from there.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
That's the ticket, lol
Each kid gets you a piece of the taxpayers hard earned income....
Thats the game, isn't it?
Oh yeah I am getting rich off $200 a month of food stamps a medical insurance.

In case you missed the sarcasm, kids cost substantially way more.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBunny View Post
To be hobest, I don't think putting some college or no college on your profile make any difference.
What stop many men to approach you is most likely age and/or kids. You will still find someone, but your choices are more limited than younger women with no kids.

I do not know what type of professional job you have. In my city, there are many societies/club for people who has professional job. For example, CPA society, CFA society, business society and so on. You might not find dates on the first meeting, but you get to know more people and go from there.
I can't change my age or that I have two children.

I currently have an administrative position. Previously I was an insurance agent and prior to that an insurance adjuster.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:23 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
OK I just had another thought. I am not saying this in a way to attack you and I'll leave out the public assistance part.

What I have issue with is when you call lying on your profile a "white lie." No, it's just a plain lie if you put something that isn't true. When you misrepresent yourself that's just a lie. If you have some college and you didn't put that down before, why not? You should always present yourself in the best possible light and not as someone who's going to marry a guy and then quit working and lay around. I'm not saying you'd do that, but you do understand there's enough who do that it makes men leery of that kind of scenario, right?

A white lie is when your best friend asks you what you think of the expensive new dress she has on and it's too late for her to change, so you say it looks really cute. And it doesn't. A white lie is told solely to protect someone else's feelings.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
OK I just had another thought. I am not saying this in a way to attack you and I'll leave out the public assistance part.

What I have issue with is when you call lying on your profile a "white lie." No, it's just a plain lie if you put something that isn't true. When you misrepresent yourself that's just a lie. If you have some college and you didn't put that down before, why not? You should always present yourself in the best possible light and not as someone who's going to marry a guy and then quit working and lay around. I'm not saying you'd do that, but you do understand there's enough who do that it makes men leery of that kind of scenario, right?

A white lie is when your best friend asks you what you think of the expensive new dress she has on and it's too late for her to change, so you say it looks really cute. And it doesn't. A white lie is told solely to protect someone else's feelings.
I would think assuming I would quit working after marriage just because I don't have a college education is quite a leap.

I most likely would not combine funds with a partner in the future. I am perfectly happy continuing to pay my bills and maintaining my own savings. Regardless of my career choice or education.

And honestly, I have not even gone on one date with a man that has their stuff together even remotely close to my financial situation. If anything I should be concerned about acquiring a mooch instead of a partner.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:00 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times
Everyone has what they consider to be minimum standards. As long as your minimum is realistic it shouldn't be a problem. You have a good financial position and are good with your money and you would like a man that is the same as well, that is reasonable.

From my POV I don't qualify or disqualify a woman based on her education level. I have no problem dating a woman with a HS education if I find her attractive, we have good chemistry, and she isn't bad with her money. If a woman is bad with her money it doesn't matter how much she makes or how educated she is, she will continue to be broke no matter how much she makes (same goes for men).

I guess what I'm saying is don't expect the caliber of men to improve simply because you changed your education level to some college. If you haven't already I would have a couple of lines saying that you are financially stable with a good job and that you appreciate men that also have the same. The keyword is APPRECIATE, it makes it sound less demanding and more sincere with some affection. Beyond the T&A men are attracted to affectionate and appreciative women; in other words feminine women. This says in a non *****y way that losers won't get far with you and that winners should contact you.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:03 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
I had someone email me that edited their profile to say they didn't smoke. Neeless to say they got e-dumped pretty quick

Old 11-16-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Everyone has what they consider to be minimum standards. As long as your minimum is realistic it shouldn't be a problem. You have a good financial position and are good with your money and you would like a man that is the same as well, that is reasonable.

From my POV I don't qualify or disqualify a woman based on her education level. I have no problem dating a woman with a HS education if I find her attractive, we have good chemistry, and she isn't bad with her money. If a woman is bad with her money it doesn't matter how much she makes or how educated she is, she will continue to be broke no matter how much she makes (same goes for men).

I guess what I'm saying is don't expect the caliber of men to improve simply because you changed your education level to some college. If you haven't already I would have a couple of lines saying that you are financially stable with a good job and that you appreciate men that also have the same. The keyword is APPRECIATE, it makes it sound less demanding and more sincere with some affection. Beyond the T&A men are attracted to affectionate and appreciative women; in other words feminine women. This says in a non *****y way that losers won't get far with you and that winners should contact you.
I like your wording! Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships