Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2014, 07:09 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times

Advertisements

POF and okcupid

So already this week, I have had a 30 year old ask if I was fixed. Tonight, I had a 40 year old single dad call. He wants more kids.... And does not understand why I would not want more. Oh well. I would rather say no to more kids than end up a single parent of three kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 08:45 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
POF and okcupid

So already this week, I have had a 30 year old ask if I was fixed. Tonight, I had a 40 year old single dad call. He wants more kids.... And does not understand why I would not want more. Oh well. I would rather say no to more kids than end up a single parent of three kids.
Check out some different sites. Those two sites are bottom of the barrel with okc being the better of the two. Usually better quality people on the paid sites I hear.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:45 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
She has 2 children. You don't just up and move your kids for a better dating life.
It sounds like she lives in an area surrounded by drug addicts, thugs, and other assorted losers. I'd move for more than just dating. I would not want to raise kids in that environment.

Since she has family nearby, I see why she stays, but still.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:49 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,360 times
Quote:
Here is another great one from today...

Guy has been messaging me for weeks, "hey", smiley face, happy thanksgiving or "what's up" type messages. I always respond. No invite out or anything talking about meeting. Today he sends a message, " are we ever gonna meet". I respond "sure if you would like to!"

He sends back "can't today tho low on gas". Good grief, go to the gas station. If you cannot afford gas, then no, we will never meet.

This is the crap I get.

Wow... Well what's worst that or the guy who wants to get in your pants and save your soul... At the same time...

Old 12-02-2014, 08:52 PM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,360 times
Quote:
POF and okcupid

Really ??? Like you are an animal to be spayed? Wow.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:33 PM

783 posts, read 849,674 times
Quote:
Sometimes you cant tell before meeting them.

Number 30 was decent to talk to, good voice, had a good job, nice etc. He had one picture of his head and shoulders on his profile. He avoided sending me pictures when I asked, but looking at his picture, I figured so he is a little bigger than I like my men. What the heck... I meet him and he is a good 5-10 years older and 100 lbs bigger than his picture. On a scale of 1-10, that is a no.
LOL don't blame you. To me its a red flag when women only show head shots.

Quote:
Here is another great one from today...

Guy has been messaging me for weeks, "hey", smiley face, happy thanksgiving or "what's up" type messages. I always respond. No invite out or anything talking about meeting. Today he sends a message, " are we ever gonna meet". I respond "sure if you would like to!"

He sends back "can't today tho low on gas". Good grief, go to the gas station. If you cannot afford gas, then no, we will never meet.

This is the crap I get.
ROFL!!
Quote:
POF and okcupid

I'm sorry to laugh at your expense but these are some funny dating stories! It sounds like your in a low income area or something with all these broke men.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It sounds like she lives in an area surrounded by drug addicts, thugs, and other assorted losers. I'd move for more than just dating. I would not want to raise kids in that environment.

Since she has family nearby, I see why she stays, but still.
I really do not, that is the sad part. Those types just find me. That is part of the luck thing. I have that kind of luck. If 100 good guys and 1 loser are in a bar, the loser will come right up to me.

I live in close proximity to DC, baltimore and Philadelphia. New York City is a day trip.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
LOL don't blame you. To me its a red flag when women only show head shots.

ROFL!!

I'm sorry to laugh at your expense but these are some funny dating stories! It sounds like your in a low income area or something with all these broke men.
They are amusing that is for sure. But after 30 of them I am ready to find the good guy.

The guy that sounds like he is from the ghetto, and asked if I was fixed sent me a message, saying he thinks I am not ready to move on. Certainly could not be that I am looking for a very specific partner and he does not fit the criteria.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:51 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
I really do not, that is the sad part. Those types just find me. That is part of the luck thing. I have that kind of luck. If 100 good guys and 1 loser are in a bar, the loser will come right up to me.

I live in close proximity to DC, baltimore and Philadelphia. New York City is a day trip.
Well, having spent a good deal of time in those cities, I'm thinking you're getting the guys from the sketchy parts of town.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:57 AM

321 posts, read 372,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Well, having spent a good deal of time in those cities, I'm thinking you're getting the guys from the sketchy parts of town.
She's clearly not in any of those cities, or she would have said so rather than saying she is near all of them. Large swaths of very poor Appalachia (West Virginia, rural Pennsylvania, rural Maryland) are near those three cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships