Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be open to marrying the type of man described in post #1 of this thread?
Yes 13 18.57%
No 57 81.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 05:57 AM

32,633 posts, read 47,975,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
............He's basically perfect for you in every way. But to be with him, you have to be a "trophy wife" and not a "career woman" or even a "working woman".........
Wrong-o. He's not perfect for me in every way. There are several ways he is not perfect for me, and probably not perfect in more ways than you have imagined.

He's a control freak and wants a porcelain doll in a chintz prison, not a human partner.

I'm not for sale. I don't need his money and I am not willing to give up my own life to be a (xxx) toy for some unrealistic jerk.

Won't leave his wife as she get older? Hah! Well some uneducated fool who thinks she can live on her looks might possibly believe that.

He will end up with some young bimbo who will probably be carrying on behind his back while she plots to divorce him for a big settlement, and frankly, that's all he deserves.

By the way, I know a lot of really wealthy men and not one of them would want a woman who did nothing but sit on her butt all day long, looking good and doing nothing else of any value. Wives of the wealthy might not work for a paycheck, but they have jobs. They run businesses, run charities, run the household, manage the help, make sure the kids grow up to be a success, maintain social networks for her spouse's business.

Women (and men) really should be maintaining their own health for their own benefit, not as a job requirement as needed for a role of concubine.

Never change, Jemanently, the guy is mentally ill on top of being a control freak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 06:14 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Since when does having some sort of part-time "career"or avocation like volunteering get in the way of pedicures, hairdos, shopping for clothes, and going to tennis and Pilates? Seems I know a lot of these women.

You still have to make punch and little doodads for bridge and garden club, serve on boards, raise funds for the Jr. League, and talk about the latest scandal at the country club with the other ladies who lunch.

Not to mention you might have to play golf and plan ski vacations. Oh, and the kids...you'd be a full-time chauffeur to ballet and soccer, plus you'd have to go to meetings about the plans for the new building and grounds at their prep school.

Then at night you'd give your husband a nice .... so he'd up your allowance so you can redecorate the living room.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:05 AM

18,703 posts, read 33,366,372 times
I'd rather work on my feet than on my back.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:50 AM

234 posts, read 327,746 times
No. Because he doesn't love her, he only loves himself. Because this type of husband you've described would leave if his wife lets say get in an accident on the way to her salon appointment and brakes her something, then have to stay in bed couple of months with no makeup and workouts, he'd leave her.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:53 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
I frankly don't believe that someone who wants a woman to always look good wouldn't also insist on plastic surgery, once she gets past the "ripe old age" of maybe 35 or so. Few American women would submit to these kinds of demands, at least on paper. In real life, much more likely.

...one thing you don't really mention is kids? Guess they'd be raised in boarding schools if they happened?

Old 11-15-2014, 07:53 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Just find yourself a cute little gold-digger and you're set for life.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:25 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
I do all that stuff now (maintain my health and looks, etc) don't have a boyfriend so I am not satisfying anyone but I could add that in easy (most of my evenings are spent reading or watching TV... I can make time). AND I work full time and do volunteer work. The lifestyle described in the OP sounds really, really boring. I've been there when my ex husband got new orders, we moved and I had to find new work again (the period of unemployment used to drive me crazy with boredom).

There is a reason so many housewives in the 1950s 1960s were into drugs/ "mother's little helper."

Old 11-15-2014, 08:31 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,467,611 times
Certainly!!

Signed,
Betty Draper

Old 11-15-2014, 08:41 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
No

Old 11-15-2014, 09:54 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Simple question for single heterosexual women. You don't even have to post explanations or anything - just click "yes" or "no". (I got the idea for this question from another thread in which I've been engaged.)

Consider a man who was rich enough that you didn't have to work, who told you that he did not want you working - instead, he wanted you to do whatever you had to do to maintain your beauty, your physical fitness, your figure, etc... and satisfy him sexually (assuming he had normal sexual desires). You are compatible with him personality-wise and physically attracted to him. He is attracted to you as you are and does not demand that you change your looks. He says he will give you a large amount of money to spend as you please, and he won't care what you spend it on as long as it's legal. Essentially you can have any "thing" your heart desires. Everything about the relationship looks good and there are no warning signs. He says that he is not the type to leave his wife for a younger woman when she gets "old"... but he will still want her to keep up her appearance so she continues to look really good for her age. He has specifically said that he will not demand plastic surgery, but his expectation is that you will always do whatever you can to keep your figure, your hair style, your style of dress, etc. as close to "the same as it is today" as possible.

He's basically perfect for you in every way. But to be with him, you have to be a "trophy wife" and not a "career woman" or even a "working woman".

Would you want to marry such a man?
I would not be compatible personality wise with a man like that. He would not be perfect for me in every way. Nothing about the relationship looks good and there are nothing but warning signs.

I have a hard time understanding how someone could describe this scenario and believe that it would be a good, compatible relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships