Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2014, 06:02 PM

719 posts, read 1,051,644 times

Advertisements

I am in my 40s and single .When I am out and about my town (the supermarket, the gym, stores) I see mostly younger women(20s and 30s). Other than some friendly chit chat I have rarely attempted to approach them. In past years I always dated older women but now I meet so few of them and my dating options seem very limited.

One of the reason I never dated younger women was because I have never wanted children so I always felt like I would be wasting their time. I just always assumed that sooner or later a younger women would want children and to get involved with them would be leading them on. I think I would like to get married at some point but since I am just getting back into dating I would like to start again slow.

But do I avoid all these younger women I see? I hate feeling so boxed in with what feels like limited dating opportunities. I have a cousin who is past 60 and she dates guys much younger than she is and she is having a blast. I am younger than her and I feel like the creepy old guy for even saying hellow to a younger woman.

I will continue to look for a woman my age(or older as well) to date but I hate feeling like I have to write off younger women to the point that I probably avoid them a lot of the time and act uptight when I do have conversations with them.

Any suggestions as to what to do?And I fully recognize that many will just think I am an older guy trying to "score" but I really am in a spot right now that seems hard to get out of. I have never been great at talking to women period but it did seem easier in my 30s than now. So its not that I am looking to meet younger women specifically but I hate avoiding them and feeling so uptight when I am around them.

Last edited by senecaman; 11-15-2014 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 07:05 PM

352 posts, read 383,852 times
Join some type of outdoor activity group like hiking, kayaking, etc. I have found that the VAST majority of women I meet at such activities are late 40's to late 50's, usually divorced with college age or older children and generally pleasant to talk to and looking to start some type of relationship. You are probably looking in the wrong places.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:14 PM

719 posts, read 1,051,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberto9 View Post
Join some type of outdoor activity group like hiking, kayaking, etc. I have found that the VAST majority of women I meet at such activities are late 40's to late 50's, usually divorced with college age or older children and generally pleasant to talk to and looking to start some type of relationship. You are probably looking in the wrong places.

Thank you! I have a feeling you're right about looking in the wrong places and I am interested in getting more involved in outdoor activities and the age range you mentioned is my preference.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:17 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,683,333 times
Try new spots, I'm not well versed in your age category, but I'm sure once you find a local with one or two you can pick more on where they like to hang out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships