Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 02:52 PM

102,246 posts, read 108,146,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
The last phone conversation went well. We were planning our next date. I did text her yesterday because it was her birthday. Wished her happy birthday and responded right away.

So it's clear that something happened between yesterday and today to make her not interested, likely a new guy.

How am I supposed to "improve" when women just keep lying to me and treating me like crap?

Well, I live in the middle of nowhere right now and I'm stuck here for the next year. I made a promise to myself that if this didn't work out with this girl, I would stop seriously pursuing women and focus on the gym, therapy, and my next career move.

Honestly, I may never date again because I'm so fed up with this nonsense. Women just have too many options these days and a below average to average looking man just can't match up.
Why are you getting so worked up over a woman you don't even like, and who didn't like you? And how is not responding within a few hours "treating you like crap"?? These are not normal thinking processes. Not at all.

Forget about this woman, and follow through with your self-care plan. You need to build a stable foundation before you can even begin to cope with dating. The bolded is a very sensible and healthy plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 02:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
Quote:
Here's a good example of a woman lying:

I went on a date that was somewhat awkward for both of us. I wasn't even going to get back to this woman but our mutual friend said that she was willing to go out on another date. I decided to give it a chance even though there were some things that caused me to hesitate.

We talked on the phone a couple of times and texted. I texted her today to talk to her on the phone and nothing.

She's supposedly looking for marriage and a long-term commitment. What likely happened? She was probably talking to multiple men and a better option presented itself. So she lied to me, basically. Same old same old.
Quote:
The last phone conversation went well. We were planning our next date. I did text her yesterday because it was her birthday. Wished her happy birthday and responded right away.

So it's clear that something happened between yesterday and today to make her not interested, likely a new guy.

How am I supposed to "improve" when women just keep lying to me and treating me like crap?

Well, I live in the middle of nowhere right now and I'm stuck here for the next year. I made a promise to myself that if this didn't work out with this girl, I would stop seriously pursuing women and focus on the gym, therapy, and my next career move.

Honestly, I may never date again because I'm so fed up with this nonsense. Women just have too many options these days and a below average to average looking man just can't match up.
you keep saying this women is lying to you, but i dont see any evidence of it, using your own words. now if you have proof of her lying, then why are you even considering going out with her again? personally if i find out a woman is lying to me, i am done with them for anything more than them being an acquaintance.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:59 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,222,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why are you getting so worked up over a woman you don't even like, and who didn't like you? And how is not responding within a few hours "treating you like crap"?? These are not normal thinking processes. Not at all.
I was willing to give her an opportunity since she talked a good game. I felt that our last phone conversation went better than the previous one and the date. Guess I was wrong though lol.

This brings back memories of women that I was dating/talking to that changed their habits towards me and were sleeping with other men.

I now feel that she was leading me on. Hence, the treating me like crap declaration. Damn, it's crazy that everything is so easy for me (making money, working out, developing skills), but dating seems absolutely impossible. And every dating experience I have makes it seem even worse.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:01 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,222,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you keep saying this women is lying to you, but i dont see any evidence of it, using your own words. now if you have proof of her lying, then why are you even considering going out with her again? personally if i find out a woman is lying to me, i am done with them for anything more than them being an acquaintance.
Yeah, I'm done with this particular woman. I was just hoping that maybe this one wouldn't be like all of the rest, since she is a bit older, we are in similar career fields, and she talks a good game (claims to have good values, etc).

I always seem to hope for this, but end up disappointed.

And, as I said, I don't have many dating options to begin with because I live in the middle of nowhere and am not physically attractive.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm done with this particular woman. I was just hoping that maybe this one wouldn't be like all of the rest, since she is a bit older, we are in similar career fields, and she talks a good game (claims to have good values, etc).

I always seem to hope for this, but end up disappointed.

And, as I said, I don't have many dating options to begin with because I live in the middle of nowhere and am not physically attractive.
i think you have a lot of issues that need to be dealt with before you go back out dating anyone.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times
Quote:
I was willing to give her an opportunity since she talked a good game. I felt that our last phone conversation went better than the previous one and the date. Guess I was wrong though lol.

This brings back memories of women that I was dating/talking to that changed their habits towards me and were sleeping with other men.

I now feel that she was leading me on. Hence, the treating me like crap declaration. Damn, it's crazy that everything is so easy for me (making money, working out, developing skills), but dating seems absolutely impossible. And every dating experience I have makes it seem even worse.
The problem isn't her - it's you. Realize that, work on yourself, and then get back into the dating world when you are ready.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:11 PM

37,661 posts, read 46,099,064 times
Quote:

Seriously? Dude, you are off the rails. You have no business even talking to women, much less dating them. I expect that most any woman, after a few conversations with you, would be able to see what a nut she was dealing with, and I would be very surprised if she did anything other than blow you off.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:15 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,753,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Seriously? Dude, you are off the rails. You have no business even talking to women, much less dating them. I expect that most any woman, after a few conversations with you, would be able to see what a nut she was dealing with, and I would be very surprised if she did anything other than blow you off.
Nailed it.

/thread

Old 11-16-2014, 03:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times
I texted my husband at 2:55pm. He hasn't texted me back yet. He obviously has another family somewhere that he has been keeping from me.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I texted my husband at 2:55pm. He hasn't texted me back yet. He obviously has another family somewhere that he has been keeping from me.
no it isnt another family, its his boyfriend, he told me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships