Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 10:34 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

What's to be confused about? He's pretty gross. Unfriend, delete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 11:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
If you want to reply, go ahead. Then, unfriend him before he responds.

Don't get sucked in. He's married and that's clearly what he wanted or he wouldn't have gone through with it.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:18 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty mayonnaise View Post
I came home tipsy the other night and noticed I had a message on Facebook from my ex. We were in a relationship for four years. We had fights about getting married, as it was something he claimed he never wanted. It was something I wanted, one because I loved him and wanted us to commit to each other and two, because weddings are my life. I plan them and being surrounded by them all the time made me sad about my own relationship. He broke up with me. We kept each other as friends on Facebook. In I'llMay he got engaged to this other woman he's been dating for under a year. I knew because of his updates. We never contacted each other or liked each others statuses or had contact for a year and a half

I went to bed thinking I was just tipsy and had imagined he messaged me, but in the morning I checked my inbox and saw a few messages from him. It started off with, "Did you know that the first person I thought about as (his wife's name) walked down the aisle was you?" Then he talked about the reception and remembered a story I had told him about this catering disaster I had had to deal with. He said the whole time he thought about me and didnt know why. His last message said, "Get out of my head, Hannah." I havent responded and I dont think he was drunk, and I haven't responded. I feel confused, sad... mostly really confused. I want to respond but I don't know what to say or what he means. I just don't get it.

I don't know if he thought about me because he associates me with weddings or if he regrets anything? I don't know.
Tell Doug you love skeeter and nothing he can do will ever come between you

Old 11-19-2014, 12:20 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,273 times
I would not only delete the entire conversation thread on FB, but also un-friend him and actively block the guy. This could well open up old feelings you had for him and could start to interfere with your marriage. Best to let bygones be bygones...

Old 11-19-2014, 04:32 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Message him back. Tell him you are flattered, but happily married.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:44 AM

833 posts, read 657,053 times
The guy is a sorry excuse for a human let alone a man. I pity his wife who is married to this no gooder.

Like plague avoid him at ALL costs. You are looking for fire in a heap of ashes.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:55 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,022 times
He got married after dating for year. After you guys dated for 4 years and split due to him not wanting marriage.

My guess is his wife was a rebound. (Poor gal)
He is figuring things out.
He reached out to you by his text, as distasteful as it was.
He is realizing where he messed up with you.

It happens. Us humans and all our emotions and fears.

But don't reciprocate. For your well being, his new wife's, and for his sake.

He needs to do some soul searching and right himself. Sounds like he is starting to.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:03 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Publicly post on his page to stop contacting you because he's supposed to be happily married. That'll solve the problem.

Not that you will, but I'm trying to help you feel better.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:12 AM

3,392 posts, read 2,800,591 times
If you care about your current relationship...let it go. Your marriage will suffer if he hangs around and you allow him to hang around.

When couples have support from a #2 like this it's easy to solve your problems when they arise with the #2 and not with the person they should be solving their problems with.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:16 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Delete, unfriend and block. That will solve the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships