Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 03:58 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl10000 View Post
I've been dating this guy for a little over a month. We've been seeing each other once a week. He texts me almost every day in between dates. He almost always initiates text communication. We slept together the last couple of dates. The last date was about a week ago, and the following night, he did text me that it was great seeing me the night before.

Now, the reason I'm wondering if he's starting to do the slow fade is that even though he's still texting me regularly since the last date, he hasn't asked me out again on another date. He always asks me out at the beginning of the week. He did say he has a cold - offered this information without me prompting him. I know that he could be legitimately sick because there seems to be some bug going around, but I also know that guys use the "I'm sick" excuse when they no longer want to see you.

So to recap: He still texts me regularly, initiates most of the texting, said it was great seeing me last time, but claims he has a cold and hasn't asked me out again. He also hasn't offered to see me when he gets better. Are these signs of a guy starting to execute the slow fade? Or am I overreacting?
I think you are overreacting.

Why don't you ask him how he is feeling, ask him if he needs any cold medicine from the drug store, and offer to bring him some chicken noodle soup?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 03:59 PM

179 posts, read 295,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmorangie View Post
Ask him out for a date.

If he's done all the initiating in planning and texting, he's probably going to get turned off eventually until you show him some proof you're interested and capable of a little initiative.

Pick a night or two and ask him if he's free on one of those nights to do an activity of your choosing.
Well, I've slept with him. And I'm sure he can see my excitement when we get intimate. If you were the guy, wouldn't that clearly indicate to you that I am definitely interested?

Old 11-19-2014, 04:02 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Text him hope you feel better and when you do, I'd like to treat you to a show, movie, dinner, etc.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:05 PM

837 posts, read 960,831 times
Quote:
Well, I've slept with him. And I'm sure he can see my excitement when we get intimate. If you were the guy, wouldn't that clearly indicate to you that I am definitely interested?
You're assuming that when you have sex with a guy a few dates in that's somehow a silent way of telling him you want a relationship down the line?

Nope. It would clearly indicate they were interested for that night. But to assume they wanted a long term commitment based on sex alone would be jumping to conclusions. Men and women will sleep with each other for plenty of reasons that don't involve a desire to continue dating.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:32 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
If you've already surpassed the text/date/nookie stages of the pseudo-relationship, why not offer to bring him over some soup? I'd do that for a friend and you've already graduated past that stage.

If that won't work, you really need to be blunt with yourself about what you want and expect from this guy and clue him in. If he's been clued in and you're not keen on the soup idea, wait till he's better and then see if things pick up again. Especially if he's initiating the texting. It's hard to be romantic and to think about going out when you have a semi parked up your nose, into your brain.
HELLO!

Old 11-19-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
You're assuming that when you have sex with a guy a few dates in that's somehow a silent way of telling him you want a relationship down the line?

Nope. It would clearly indicate they were interested for that night. But to assume they wanted a long term commitment based on sex alone would be jumping to conclusions. Men and women will sleep with each other for plenty of reasons that don't involve a desire to continue dating.
It's not a clear indication of wanting an LTR down the line, but it is an indication of a woman's interest to get to know and continue seeing a man. Of course, there are women who only want sex. But I think most men would know that usually, women don't have sex with men just for the sake of having sex.

In my situation, since I always respond when he texts, always say yes when he asks me out, and I'm sleeping with him, I am showing him that hell yeah, I'm interested.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Text him hope you feel better and when you do, I'd like to treat you to a show, movie, dinner, etc.
I did text him to ask him how he was and that I hoped he was feeling better.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:28 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
So to recap: He still texts me regularly, initiates most of the texting, said it was great seeing me last time, but claims he has a cold and hasn't asked me out again. He also hasn't offered to see me when he gets better. Are these signs of a guy starting to execute the slow fade? Or am I overreacting?

No, you're under-reacting.

How about you call him up and ask him out on a date? The third or fourth date should have been requested and paid for by you. The guy is probably tired of doing all the work and paying for everything. You need to put some effort into this, too.

And no, spreading your legs does not qualify as "effort."

I'll give this one a 4, Alex.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:32 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:

Gawd, I'm so tired of women thinking all they have to do to get a relationship going is show up and put out. They make the rest of us look bad.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:36 PM

837 posts, read 960,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Gawd, I'm so tired of women thinking all they have to do to get a relationship going is show up and put out. They make the rest of us look bad.
It's news to me that women don't have sex with men just for the sake of having sex.

I guess I forgot we all get attached after the deed and that our only hope for sexual pleasure with another human body is within the context of pursuing a relationship. Darn it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships