Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2014, 09:53 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,276,192 times

Advertisements

I specifically want women to answer...... If a guy says he wants to take you out, or ask for your phone number, if you give it to him, what does that mean? Do you ever just give your number out to keep from having to explain why you don't want to give it to him? What percentage of you give a guy your number because you are interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 10:04 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I specifically want women to answer...... If a guy says he wants to take you out, or ask for your phone number, if you give it to him, what does that mean? Do you ever just give your number out to keep from having to explain why you don't want to give it to him? What percentage of you give a guy your number because you are interested?
I'm guilty of this.

I've done it to avoid any kind of confrontation or just to be nice. When I get to talking to someone, a lot of guys take my friendliness as an invitation to try to ask me out. I trick myself into thinking "oh maybe I may start to like him" when I know there is no chance in hell I will. I try to give the benefit of the doubt but I never develop feelings from someone I am not initially attracted to. I don't do it anymore though. I don't give guys enough to time to approach lol. I tend to walk the other way if I see them staring at me.

I haven't been eager give them my number either...they usually give me theirs and ask me to text them. Other guys either talk to me through a IM app on my phone called kik or we talk over facebook before/if we exchange numbers.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:05 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
If I am interested in a guy and want to see if things can go anywhere, I give him my number... if I am not interested, I don't. I don't have to explain anything if I don't give him my number, I just don't give it to him... but honestly, that's very rare. Men don't randomly walk up to me and ask for my number and walk away, usually it gets asked after talking for a very long time and it's pretty clear that we have a connection. I don't talk to men I am not interested in for long--I find a way to excuse myself politely from their company.

Funny thing, I met a man this weekend at a singles dinner. After talking to him all night at dinner and dancing a few dances he asked for my number and I gave it to him. But in retrospect, it was a long evening and I had a couple of glasses of wine and now I wonder if I accidentally gave him the wrong number (gave him a number similar to mine that I call a lot... I've done that on accident before many times in the past... not with men, but with things like taxi service, calling in a pizza order, etc). Oh well... I guess I will only know if he calls me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships