Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 08:14 AM

281 posts, read 247,305 times

Advertisements

Has anyone experience this?

Urghhh.....I need to get over this.

It has been one year.....one would think I'd get over him already.

But there is a first step to everything.

Today is DAY 1:

Deleted him from contact list yesterday.
Avoid contact - can't contact him because I don't remember his phone #
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 09:03 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
That's a good first step!

What's your DAY 2?

You will need to self-reflect as to why you invested a lot of time, energy and emotion into someone who did not do the same in return. This is tough, because you have to actually put work into understanding yourself and taking control of your emotions instead of allowing them to control you. You also have to have a grasp on separating fantasy from reality, because you built this guy up in your mind and fed off of your fantasies of how you imagined him to be.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:21 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Yes KitKat I've been down that road. To fall for someone, only to discover that they couldn't care less about me. Easier said than done to just cut that person off. It takes time, but you'll get over him. I'm sorry that you're going thru this (((hugs)))

Old 11-20-2014, 09:44 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Everyone has gone through this. My unrequited love number is very high. Though I should say unrequited crushes.

But I had no choice but to move on, since the guys I like couldn't have cared less about me. It mainly hurt my self-esteem.

It's been 1 year, but you'll get over him. How long just varies for people. Maybe just keep busy with hobbies, school/work, dating different guys. You started off great by deleting him, and deciding no contact. Many people get stuck on that step and start with no contact only to break it 1st chance they get.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:09 AM

1,212 posts, read 4,911,729 times
In this same situation.... So I'm watching the responses with interest....
I can't even delete from contact because as Vanilla said... I would break the no contact the first opportunity presented.

What's worst is I compare new potentials to this guy... and they don't come close to measuring up. (hmmm didn't come out right...) I mean they aren't gentlemen, don't open the doors, or controling or judmental or insecure.

So it makes it harder to "move on". :-(

Old 11-20-2014, 10:12 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post

Today is DAY 1:

Day 1 after a year?

You should have deleted him a year ago.
It is your own fault you have not moved on because you did not want to move on.
When you get tired of digging your rut deeper you will actually wonder why you have wasted so much of your life for nothing.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:41 AM
SF

286 posts, read 324,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post

Today is DAY 1:

Yes that's a good start. I know it's not easy to get over someone, especially if you had loved him more deeply but you are going in the right direction. You have made the decision now you just have to live up to it.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:59 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF View Post
Yes that's a good start. I know it's not easy to get over someone, especially if you had loved him more deeply but you are going in the right direction. You have made the decision now you just have to live up to it.
I think this must also be an age thing. I had a few unrequited loves when I was a teenager but it was something I grew out of.

When you have a more mature mindset, you realize a crush isn't love, and loving someonethat you aren't in a relationship is not love and is a waste of time.

Investing in someone who doesn't return your feelings is you making a choice that hurts yourself, not the other person doing something to you because they don't have the feelings you wish they did.

Old 11-20-2014, 01:55 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I think this must also be an age thing. I had a few unrequited loves when I was a teenager but it was something I grew out of.

When you have a more mature mindset, you realize a crush isn't love, and loving someonethat you aren't in a relationship is not love and is a waste of time.

Investing in someone who doesn't return your feelings is you making a choice that hurts yourself, not the other person doing something to you because they don't have the feelings you wish they did.
TRUTH. Please read this last line again and again, OP. I am trying to get over someone right now too and it really hurts. But life is short and you have to let go for your own happiness. You are only hurting yourself.

Old 11-20-2014, 02:47 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

This, all of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships