Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 05:36 AM

65 posts, read 50,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion4mb View Post
Not that it matters, but does he always come to your place? Have you ever been to his? And if so, are you certain it was his and not a friend's that he was borrowing to make it look like he lives there?
He doesn't live alone. He lives with his parents (yes, and he's in his 30's). He went away to college and got an education and move back home a few years ago and has been there since, so it is hard for us to go over there when they don't know about me just yet. He took me over there one time while no one was there but other than that I haven't been back and that was 5 months ago. I have vaguely thought about showing up unannounced one day and introducing myself to his family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 05:47 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,399 times
Op have you considered therapy? You appear to have some self-esteem issues, and, if you don't get yourself together, this pattern will continue, you will hook up with one loser after another.

He is not going to leave his "other" women for you....you are nothing but someone he can control (builds his ego) and a booty call...dump him and get some help for yourself... also, good books to consider reading are Women Who Love Too Much and Codependent No More. The real problem lies with you, fix it.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:23 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,038 times
I'm guessing that the OP has been in multiple abusive relationships. I'm also guessing that she would be one of the posters to submit a 'Why can't I find a nice guy' type of thread when inturn she will only ever give the time or day to anyone but.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:30 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times
If you have to lie or hide things you shouldn't be together. He also sounds super insecure. Why even bother.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:54 AM

I am thinking about giving him an ultimatum sometime this week. If he loves me as much as says he does I know he will make the right decision in choosing me. I have worked hard to prove myself and show him that I'm willing to fight for our love and make our love develop into a stable, happy, and healthy relationship. That's probably away more than his girl would ever do for him. If she's so wonderful and perfect why aren't they already married and living happily ever after? Evidently he's possibly searching for something more she's not providing if he's considering a future for the two of us.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:20 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanderson1 View Post
My heart would be destroyed beyond belief if he left me for her, but I wouldn't hang on after he got married.
Quote:
I am thinking about giving him an ultimatum sometime this week. If he loves me as much as says he does I know he will make the right decision in choosing me. I have worked hard to prove myself and show him that I'm willing to fight for our love and make our love develop into a stable, happy, and healthy relationship. That's probably away more than his girl would ever do for him. If she's so wonderful and perfect why aren't they already married and living happily ever after? Evidently he's possibly searching for something more she's not providing if he's considering a future for the two of us.
girl you need some serious therapy. you are deluded if you think he is going to choose you, and you two are going to ride off into the sunset and be happy for the rest of your life. even if he does choose you, you are still going to have to share him with another girl, perhaps several.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:25 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I agree, it's time for an ultimatum. Best time would be during Thanksgiving dinner with his girlfriend and parents. Just show up in the middle of the main course and state your demands. He will be so overwhelmed by your boldness and demonstration of love he will certainly take a stand, there before his loved ones, as to the role you are meant to play in his life.

And remember this: True love respects no restraining order!

Old 11-27-2014, 09:42 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
We have been through so much and I feel like he has been put into my life for a reason.
About 20 years ago I ended a relationship with a man that I thought was in my life for a reason. I discovered that reason...he needed someone to use and beat up on. There was nothing in it for me.

Get out while the getting's good.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I agree, it's time for an ultimatum. Best time would be during Thanksgiving dinner with his girlfriend and parents. Just show up in the middle of the main course and state your demands. He will be so overwhelmed by your boldness and demonstration of love he will certainly take a stand, there before his loved ones, as to the role you are meant to play in his life.

And remember this: True love respects no restraining order!
I feel like you're being sarcastic about it, but he has said to me that he likes women who like to make strong and dramatic choices, so perhaps he would be surprised and impressed by me showing him what I'm made of and not allowing him to drag it out any longer, lead a pretend happy life with his girlfriend and family and hide me away like a precious gem he's trying to protect.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:51 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,399 times
Quote:
Wow...you are really out there...this will never turn into a stable, healthy relationship...get some help girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships