Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 06:54 PM

65 posts, read 50,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion4mb View Post
First, you don't GET someone to trust you, either they do, or you both go your separate ways.

Why would you give him permission to monitor your phone? Why do you need to get him to trust you that you would go to this level?

He loves you and his current and he still wants to date (which I'm guessing he already is).

You deserve him???? For what? He sounds like a loser and not a catch.

I don't know what happened with your first marriage, but it sounds like your confidence in yourself is at zero and you are buying what he is selling.

You do not deserve this guy, I am thinking he is selling this line to countless other women.

He has way too much control over you and is bad news.

You need to separate yourself from him and take some time for yourself -- maybe see a therapist to find out why you think this guy is so hot. Then find a real man who doesn't track your every move and where there is mutual trust and respect.

Good Luck!
Believe me, I know this story sounds completely crazy and the other girl isn't his ex-girlfriend: he is still currently dating her and still loves her dearly. He says he doesn't know exactly what he wants and he wants to make me as happy as possible. I talked to him about it today and he said he's very close to making a decision very soon about whether or not he's going to start dating me exclusively and I'm praying that it will work out for the best. I did find the courage earlier today to tell him I didn't want to have him track my phone anymore and he said that if I want this to work he has to know he can trust me completely and this is the "only way". I want to be happy and I don't want this dragged out too much longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 06:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
There's a sucker born every day.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:51 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Go into settings and turn off "location services". That'll put a stop to it.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:07 AM

4,577 posts, read 5,664,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanderson1 View Post
Believe me, I know this story sounds completely crazy and the other girl isn't his ex-girlfriend: he is still currently dating her and still loves her dearly. He says he doesn't know exactly what he wants and he wants to make me as happy as possible. I talked to him about it today and he said he's very close to making a decision very soon about whether or not he's going to start dating me exclusively and I'm praying that it will work out for the best. I did find the courage earlier today to tell him I didn't want to have him track my phone anymore and he said that if I want this to work he has to know he can trust me completely and this is the "only way". I want to be happy and I don't want this dragged out too much longer.
"He's close to making a decision"? WTF -- is he playing out some weird "The Bachelor" fantasy in his mind, with two women declaring their love, and him trying to "decide" between them?

Tell me again why you are waiting for a man who can't make up his mind, is tracking your every movement, and yet is still dating ANOTHER WOMAN?!?!?!? This is the kind of man you are PRAYING for?!

Please, please, please get yourself into therapy and figure out why you have such low self esteem that you are praying for sloppy seconds from a man who doesn't respect you, doesn't trust you and is cheating on you left and right WITH YOUR PERMISSION.

You do not need his permission to take off the tracking software. It's your phone. Time to grow a backbone, dear -- "never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be." The WORST that could happen is that he wakes up and realizes that you are a thinking, feeling human being. (And frankly, the best thing would be that he would drop out of your life and save you a heap of trouble down the road.)

Old 11-23-2014, 11:12 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,000 times
Quote:
I think he wants to track you to make sure you aren't watching him. This guy must hit it right, not much else the guy could offer, that would allow a woman to take such crap.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:30 AM

65 posts, read 50,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
"He's close to making a decision"? WTF -- is he playing out some weird "The Bachelor" fantasy in his mind, with two women declaring their love, and him trying to "decide" between them?

Tell me again why you are waiting for a man who can't make up his mind, is tracking your every movement, and yet is still dating ANOTHER WOMAN?!?!?!? This is the kind of man you are PRAYING for?!

Please, please, please get yourself into therapy and figure out why you have such low self esteem that you are praying for sloppy seconds from a man who doesn't respect you, doesn't trust you and is cheating on you left and right WITH YOUR PERMISSION.

You do not need his permission to take off the tracking software. It's your phone. Time to grow a backbone, dear -- "never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be." The WORST that could happen is that he wakes up and realizes that you are a thinking, feeling human being. (And frankly, the best thing would be that he would drop out of your life and save you a heap of trouble down the road.)
I honestly don't know how to take the software off of the phone because he installed it using some company and I visited their website and from what I have gathered everything is installed in a very stealth-like manner so only the installer knows what the password for the software is to take it off the application runs it complete stealth mode all of the time unless the installer accesses it using the pass ode he created. Turning off location services for the GPS doesn't stop him from being able to still see any and all of my text messages sent and received, incoming and outgoing phone calls, and being able to send command messages to the software on the phone so it can record the surroundings of where ever the phone is, whether I'm using it or not, and even knowing what apps I have used and what websites I visit on the phone, and being able to take pictures of my surroundings using a command prompt.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:33 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
Sorry my dear he is a control freak.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
I honestly don't know how to take the software off of the phone because he installed it using some company and I visited their website and from what I have gathered everything is installed in a very stealth-like manner so only the installer knows what the password for the software is to take it off the application runs it complete stealth mode all of the time unless the installer accesses it using the pass ode he created. Turning off location services for the GPS doesn't stop him from being able to still see any and all of my text messages sent and received, incoming and outgoing phone calls, and being able to send command messages to the software on the phone so it can record the surroundings of where ever the phone is, whether I'm using it or not, and even knowing what apps I have used and what websites I visit on the phone, and being able to take pictures of my surroundings using a command prompt.
Buy a new phone. Or drop your phone to factory setting. what ever he do I don't think it is legal to track any one like that. Here in EU not possible

Old 11-23-2014, 11:37 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,000 times
Quote:
Just take the phone and forget that you put it under your tire. Back up, and then call Asurion, and order a new phone.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
Just take the phone and forget that you put it under your tire. Back up, and then call Asurion, and order a new phone.
Good idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships