Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 09:47 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been together 7 years. We are still not friends on facebook. Whats the big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 08:47 PM

29 posts, read 20,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal-K View Post
Just FYI, there's should be an on screen keyboard that you can use to type in the spacebar instead of using the actual spacebar, given if your mouse work.
What.do.you.mean.on.screen.keyboard?

Old 12-01-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
My wife and I have been together 7 years. We are still not friends on facebook. Whats the big deal?
Not.friends.is.different.then.completely.blocking. your.gf.It's.suspicious.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:09 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Facebook is NOT required to be part of the relationship. People have a reasonable right to privacy and if one is not a FB while in a relationship, too bad.

Now, all the sneaky on and off is a bit shady and you guys need to figure what is going on. There are trust issues between the two of you. I wouldn't just dump the guy as you have had your share of craziness.

But you have admitted that you are or were taking medications and wasn't stable at one point. This is a big issue and don't think it doesn't play a role in his conscious. It is not an excuse but it is a factor. Being long distance allows for all types of strange behavior and you need to decide if you can continue this.

Btw, sorry you have had to go through all the BS in this thread about your keyboard. Good for you for sticking around. Don't be afraid to ask more questions- the kid is in the building!

Old 12-01-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Facebook is NOT required to be part of the relationship. People have a reasonable right to privacy and if one is not a FB while in a relationship, too bad.

Now, all the sneaky on and off is a bit shady and you guys need to figure what is going on. There are trust issues between the two of you. I wouldn't just dump the guy as you have had your share of craziness.

But you have admitted that you are or were taking medications and wasn't stable at one point. This is a big issue and don't think it doesn't play a role in his conscious. It is not an excuse but it is a factor. Being long distance allows for all types of strange behavior and you need to decide if you can continue this.

Btw, sorry you have had to go through all the BS in this thread about your keyboard. Good for you for sticking around. Don't be afraid to ask more questions- the kid is in the building!
Thanks.haha!!I.honestly.didnt.mind.not.being.frien ds.with.him.on.facebook.and.now.a.day.blocking.who .you.are.dating.just.because.she."spams"your.messa ges(again,it.was.only.once.a.week.maybe.more.thank .a.week)is.extremely.suspicious.:/.And.everytime.I.bring.it.up.to.discuss.it.like.ad ults.he.comepltely.ignores.me.v,v.I.am.considering .breaking.it.off.but.I.want.to.get.to.the.bottom.o f.this.That's.just.how.I.am.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:36 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerO'Reilly View Post
Thanks.haha!!I.honestly.didnt.mind.not.being.frien ds.with.him.on.facebook.and.now.a.day.blocking.who .you.are.dating.just.because.she."spams"your.messa ges(again,it.was.only.once.a.week.maybe.more.thank .a.week)is.extremely.suspicious.:/.And.everytime.I.bring.it.up.to.discuss.it.like.ad ults.he.comepltely.ignores.me.v,v.I.am.considering .breaking.it.off.but.I.want.to.get.to.the.bottom.o f.this.That's.just.how.I.am.
And you have every right to get to the bottom of it. There is this way or mentality that I see often especially here where people get a pass. Just cause the person says they aren't cheating, despite what they are doing is reasonable inconsiderate, you should trust that person.

But anyway, I know it is extremely hard since you have this distance and you can't simply sit him down and get him to answer. You are at his mercy. Trust me, I know the feeling. But you are going to have to wait it out until you see him. I know it sounds easier than done but otherwise, you will be driving yourself crazy.

I can't tell you what to do in terms of dumping him or not cause I haven't observed you guys. But it clearly doesn't sit well with you and I don't think you need the extra added stress especially since you have had to be on meds.

I would take care of you first then worry about schmucky when you guys meet. Til then, don't excite the situation and let him be. Just play cool til you get him in person when he can't escape. Then be calm and talk like adults. Hopefully you can get some closure prior to departing.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
And you have every right to get to the bottom of it. There is this way or mentality that I see often especially here where people get a pass. Just cause the person says they aren't cheating, despite what they are doing is reasonable inconsiderate, you should trust that person.

But anyway, I know it is extremely hard since you have this distance and you can't simply sit him down and get him to answer. You are at his mercy. Trust me, I know the feeling. But you are going to have to wait it out until you see him. I know it sounds easier than done but otherwise, you will be driving yourself crazy.

I can't tell you what to do in terms of dumping him or not cause I haven't observed you guys. But it clearly doesn't sit well with you and I don't think you need the extra added stress especially since you have had to be on meds.

I would take care of you first then worry about schmucky when you guys meet. Til then, don't excite the situation and let him be. Just play cool til you get him in person when he can't escape. Then be calm and talk like adults. Hopefully you can get some closure prior to departing.
Thanks..

Old 12-02-2014, 07:46 AM

186 posts, read 158,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
first
gobuyanewcomputerwithaworkingspacebar

LOL, love it!

Old 12-02-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TateFan333 View Post
LOL, love it!
Why.would.you.love.it.he.was.being.an.ass.:/

Old 12-03-2014, 02:29 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Frankly, just the "spamming" comment would bug me. Oh, I'm "spamming" you by speaking to you twice a week? No prob, homes, I'm out of here.

But that's just me. I'm kind of a witch with a B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships