Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 10:47 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jn87 View Post
I just guess I want to know if its ok for a man who loves you to never comfort you especially when you are crying next to him?
Are you crying to provoke him into giving you attention?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 10:49 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Im very emotional and I usually bring up a sore subject for him and its like he goes nuts and when I try to calm him down he gets even more mad till he says go to bed im done talking and thats that.

Ah. I'd roll over and go to sleep too after 3 years of being aggravated like that.

Of course, I'd be in my own bed, in my own place, and you wouldn't be my girlfriend anymore.

Stop poking the bear for crying out loud. Once a week, for 3 years, you bring up a sore subject for him, and you can't see what his problem is?

I sure hope it's something worth bugging him for, like not working, or being a junkie or something.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:51 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
SO My bf and I, who have been together 3 years, always seem to get into an argument around bed time, and like the story above, I sometimes cry and he just tells me(usually pissed off yelling) to go to bed and rolls over and falls asleep....while im still crying!!! Ive talked to him many times about him not comforting me and it seems like he gets even more annoyed when I get emotional. I feel terribly lonely when we fight and often get depressed. He on the other hand sleeps through the night and acts like nothing happened the next day. I often think when im lying next to him asleep if we can really be together. How can two people be together when one doesnt aupport the other mentally physically and emotionally.
How old are you guys?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
I usually bring up a sore subject for him ...
There's a reason it's a "sore" subject.

You two need to figure out a way to resolve the sore subject, preferably NOT at bedtime, or break up.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:53 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,623,138 times
Quote:
Im very emotional and I usually bring up a sore subject for him and its like he goes nuts and when I try to calm him down he gets even more mad till he says go to bed im done talking and thats that.
If you don't want to fight at bedtime, don't start fights at bedtime.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:53 PM

10 posts, read 26,726 times
I definitely dont cry for attention. Im just an emotional person. Hes not mean to me and we are great most of the time. We fight over sex issues which I get emotional about and he is insecure with himself which makes the fights even worse. Im just trying to figure out if a relationship that is mostly solid can work without the emotional comforting .......

Old 11-24-2014, 10:54 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
All right...I am going to try to say this gently. It sounds very, very much like you are deliberately provoking a fight so that you can cry, so that he now owes you comfort.

He is probably sick of that and resents it.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:56 PM

10 posts, read 26,726 times
Ok. Thanks

Old 11-24-2014, 10:57 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
I definitely dont cry for attention. Im just an emotional person. Hes not mean to me and we are great most of the time. We fight over sex issues which I get emotional about and he is insecure with himself which makes the fights even worse. Im just trying to figure out if a relationship that is mostly solid can work without the emotional comforting .......

I just can't figure out why he doesn't want to wipe your tears.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
First, you need to understand that his comforting you is not the most important thing here.

You two have a communication problem, and a "mostly solid" relationship cannot work with that.

If you have a sex problem that he is insecure about already, you laying there CRYING IN BED is not going to make HIM sympathetic. Understand??

A couples counselor will help you learn how to talk about this delicate problem. It sounds like you're making it worse by handling it the way you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships