Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:43 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
If she asked you out, you would have a time and location for this coffee. Do you have that? No? Then she didn't ask you out.

Understanding nuance and basic communication doesn't appear to be your strong suit.
LOL. Remember the one where the boss asked him to stop by her room after a meeting and he was sure she wanted the D?

I always wondered how that one ended up, but as usual, he never came back to the thread to follow up on the awkward/humiliating outcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 09:45 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
LOL. Remember the one where the boss asked him to stop by her room after a meeting and he was sure she wanted the D?

I always wondered how that one ended up, but as usual, he never came back to the thread to follow up on the awkward/humiliating outcome.
I am surprised that boy is still employed.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:10 AM

192 posts, read 205,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

what are you talking about? that wasnt me.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:15 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada Boy View Post
I was meeting some coworkers for dinner.

I went around and said hello and shook hands with people before sitting down in my seat.

I came to a woman who I met the first day, and not before than. She said "hey I'm [name], I'm not sure if you remember me."

I said, "Of course I remember you, how are you?"

She got excited and gave me a hug. We started talking about how we had been. She said, "should we sit down?"

We sat down and talked for the length of the dinner, about an hour. She laughed at all my jokes, and even put her hand on my shoulder a few times.

Before I left, I said by to everyone and her. I said, "I'm sure I'll see you soon?" And she said, "of course, how about coffee?!"

So I said, "That sounds great, I'll email you" (I didn't want to ask for her number with so many people in earshot, and neither of us had our phones, so that would have been a little weird to navigate.

Thoughts?
so when are you two going out for coffee? in reality you asked her out when you said i will see you soon..

Old 11-28-2014, 12:08 PM

192 posts, read 205,501 times
The reason I haven't taken her up on coffee yet was because I was going to wait for all the Thanksgiving events to die down. People are busy this time of year.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Just go out with your boss, coworker who ever out.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:31 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,013,041 times
OP, you're clueless. the girl gave you an indication of interest, next time act on it, and i don't mean doing online research

stop looking for answers on CDR and go ask your sister or some other woman you have a platonic relationship with.

and btw, age and context matters, that's why ppl are asking you for more info. this is an anonymous forum, it's not like we are asking you whether you wear briefs or boxers.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:08 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,811 times
Use the internet for tips on how to interact with women, but using it to make decisions is just dumb. This applies for you and the people that hang their hat on the responses they get after telling the situation. I understand the person who's spouse just cheated on them, but the people that are single and looking for validation in their decisions need to get off the comp and go live a little.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:17 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
The reason I haven't taken her up on coffee yet was because I was going to wait for all the Thanksgiving events to die down. People are busy this time of year.
wrong, that is just an excuse for not asking her out. you are scared, and you dont wnat to make a mistake, so you invent the excuse of everyone being busy around thanksgiving so you dont have to deal with the pressure of overcoming your fears and stepping up to the plate to take your turn at bat with this girl.

babe ruth struck out plenty of times, but he also hit a lot of home runs as well. step up to the plate and swing for the fences my young padawan.

Old 11-29-2014, 02:02 AM

619 posts, read 652,092 times
Quote:
Why does it matter how old she is?

She is younger than me, by the way.
Sounds like interest. Coffee is a good first start. Go...email her...now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships