Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 05:02 AM

207 posts, read 226,043 times

Advertisements

Im friends with a married man (his wife is not here), and at parties he sits directly in front of me, he cares about me, but we dont know each other that well besides off events we see each other. Its like hes mesmorize by me but he doesnt want to know me... like Im some enigma. I know hes comfortable around me, but I think he doesnt like hanging around mature adults. Im a an adult but I come across ditzy in front of him... and I notice hes like a protector around me.

I dont get why he wants to be my friend. Its a tragic friendship in my opinion because I like him a lot but Im not into him.... and he likes me a lot in public but hes not into me either.

But I see a very vulnerable person in him.... he has a stuff animal (he show me his bedroom but very platonic..).

Hmmm... im leaving him alone but when we see each other we are glue together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 06:08 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,309,934 times
Its a tragic friendship because you're not into each other romantically? Please explain this. Also, since his wife is out of town he may be trying to keep it platonic between you two...honestly I would not be hanging around other women and showing them my bedroom if I was married...but to each their own

Old 11-28-2014, 06:15 AM

Well it was an accidental encounter... he was just showing me his place. But he invited me and we were going to the same party so i just went to his place to chill till the party started.

Its tragic because theres so much chemistry but the chemistry is dying the longer we know each other... kind of like... its only there when we see each other and sit next to each other. But when we sit next to each other he doesnt look me in the eye.

And he sang I knew you were trouble by Taylor Swift under his breathe at the party. So he connected that song to me since we heard that song together.

Its like his my date at the party... someone even sajd "sit in that couch were shes sitting at lol".

And he offer me a shirt to wear of his because my shirt got stain (but i decline since hes not my bf).

Its tragic becausr this friendship will die soon.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:17 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,007,285 times
And, he's married.

So ... ?

Old 11-28-2014, 06:23 AM

Im not interested in him. (Anymore)

I just think its a weird friendship.

Im moving on from him.... like ehhhh its just not right.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:49 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,735,357 times
It sounds to me like you both had crushes on each other, but he is in a different relationship and has chosen to remain faithful, and as time has worn on the crushes have worn off. Which is pretty typical for most people.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:00 AM

683 posts, read 1,879,382 times
Is this the same guy you mention in your other threads as being infactuated with you?

Old 11-28-2014, 10:02 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,400,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlexa View Post
Im friends with a married man (his wife is not here), and at parties he sits directly in front of me, he cares about me, but we dont know each other that well besides off events we see each other. Its like hes mesmorize by me but he doesnt want to know me... like Im some enigma. I know hes comfortable around me, but I think he doesnt like hanging around mature adults. Im a an adult but I come across ditzy in front of him... and I notice hes like a protector around me.

I dont get why he wants to be my friend. Its a tragic friendship in my opinion because I like him a lot but Im not into him.... and he likes me a lot in public but hes not into me either.

But I see a very vulnerable person in him.... he has a stuff animal (he show me his bedroom but very platonic..).

Hmmm... im leaving him alone but when we see each other we are glue together.
Look, the dude is a player. You can continue to keep it friendly with him if you want, but you need to set boundaries and Respect his marriage.

The heart doesn't always want what it wants. It's called lust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships