Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 06:18 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times

Advertisements

Easy for some, difficult for most, and time consuming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 07:30 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,019,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
^^Yup.

I'm not actively dating. The very, very FEW men that I have met since being single were not gems. I threw in the towel and have gone about my business.

I have a good friend that is regularly doing online dating. She feels this is her best option because she doesn't do the bar scene, and meetups, etc were a bust for her. So far, she's encountered several men that were more interested in hook ups and a few that became disappearing acts. I commend her for trudging on and being optimistic.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:02 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,300 times
Join big social groups and organizations that are active. Don't join any groups with less than 50 people. Go to events like Toys for Tots gatherings for Christmas. You can donate to the charity and mingle with other people who believe in giving back and helping others. (Good heart signs).
Right now you are up to meeting people but not anything serious it seems but the dating now a days sucks!

When you are really serious about meeting someone seeking or desiring a potential long-term mate I would hire a matchmaker.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:37 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Talk to people while you are out.Talk like you are human.
From what I see now days. Put the phone away! There are people everywhere. Put yourself in situations to meet some one. That way, you can call the shoots so to speak with meeting some one.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:40 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepypuppy View Post
I want some honest opinions on what it's like to date nowadays.
I recently ended a LTR and haven't been in the dating pool since my 20's.
I don't go to bars or clubs anymore, nor am I into social media like facebook.
How do you meet people? I'm not sure if I want to try online dating.

How are your experiences?
And how old are you now?

You definitely need to at least try online dating. What are you worried about? Otherwise, yeah, dating would be the same NOW as 30 years ago...ha. Except guys have it way easier - no dinner or movie dates to start with - only coffee dates.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:40 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ditto. Especially nowadays when people utilize the Internet like it's the Dalai Llama guru of life's advice.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:49 AM

323 posts, read 308,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepypuppy View Post
I want some honest opinions on what it's like to date nowadays.
I recently ended a LTR and haven't been in the dating pool since my 20's.
I don't go to bars or clubs anymore, nor am I into social media like facebook.
How do you meet people? I'm not sure if I want to try online dating.

How are your experiences?
Are you male or female? There is so much difference between what it's like, based on that, that the two aren't even in the same solar system, never mind ballpark.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:49 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,019,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LXXXI View Post
Are you male or female? There is so much difference between what it's like, based on that, that the two aren't even in the same solar system, never mind ballpark.
Gender doesn't matter. Both sides have their own share of difficulties.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:57 AM

323 posts, read 308,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
Gender doesn't matter. Both sides have their own share of difficulties.
Negative, Ghostrider. There are worlds of difference. What you can expect will vary GREATLY depending on whether you're male of female.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 870 times
I hope that people still treat dating as something romantic. There is nothing worse that dating just to pick someone up. I believe that today dating has the purpose of finding new interesting connections, some of them will become your good friends, one may become you love of the hole life. Everything depends on the initial purpose - what you want from a random engagement. Currently many online resources might help you finding the person for exact dating purpose you need. I may recommend kovla.com - here you can find a company or a friend for every purpose: go party, visit a concert or consider something more, that just being friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships