Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 08:56 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times

Advertisements

Damn, I feel sorry for the pup . Send it to an ASPCA shelter. Clearly, he deserves more caring owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 08:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliatenn View Post
Thanks. I have watched his show and even read 2 his books. This guy is amazing. I just feel like I've got my own psychological issues and can't be in that calm-assertive state of mind he's talking about. I feel guilty now, because the dog deserves a better family, but how do I know he'd end up in a good home if we give him away. I try to be a better "parent" to him, but fail due to my short temper. It's hard, but it'd be harder to give him away not knowing he'll be happy. He seem happy and doesn't hold anything against us for treating him bad sometimes, I mean he got a good food, place to live, toys, people to share his life with. I mean I don't try to abuse him on purpose, it happens sometimes, and then I feel guilty.
This is not how a real pack leader should be.
you are right, a real pack leader needs to be calm and assertive, REGARDLESS of what else is going on. ceasar has said many times, you dont get teh dog you want, you get the dog you need. perhaps this is the dog you need in your life right now to help you get to where you improve yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliatenn View Post
It's just not how it suppose to be. I thought a man is the leader, and the woman is the follower.
piffle. women can be pack leaders just like men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
He is NOT a REAL dog trainer. He has NO formal education.
and he never claimed to be a dog trainer. he does however understand the psychology of dogs, and other animals. he doesnt train dogs, he rehabilitates them. and he is quite successful at doing that very thing. he also teaches people about dog psychology, and again he is quite successful at doing that as well. this man came to this country from mexico with NOTHING, and built a business worth more than $100 million dollars. can you say the same thing? ceasar went from being a complete unknown teenager, to a world wide name. again can you say the same thing?

Old 11-30-2014, 10:01 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
You husband doesn't deserve the dog, and you don't deserve the responsibility. Contact a rescue, and arrange to have them adopt the dog out.
Yep. And do it NOW so this dog can find it's forever home, and not feel even more unwanted.

And don't have kids, either. You two make me sick.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
People who mistreat dogs are a special kind of suck.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:13 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
I love how people assume there are all these rescue groups who will be lining up to take this dog and find it a new home.

The owners need to either get off their asses and give this dog the exercise and training it needs, or THEY need to take responsibility and find another home for the dog. Don't dump your problem on rescue.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:21 PM

Some rescues do require that the dog be returned to them, versus attempting to independently rehome.

Both rescues that I have adopted from specifically state in their adoption agreement paperwork that if there is an issue and rehoming is required, the dog will be surrendered back to the rescue. It's obviously not enforceable, but nonetheless, there is that agreement, at least with the rescues with whom I've dealt.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Some rescues do require that the dog be returned to them, versus attempting to independently rehome.

Both rescues that I have adopted from specifically state in their adoption agreement paperwork that if there is an issue and rehoming is required, the dog will be surrendered back to the rescue. It's obviously not enforceable, but nonetheless, there is that agreement, at least with the rescues with whom I've dealt.
That is a good point. Any legitimate rescue should have that requirement. I didn't remember seeing that the dog was adopted from a rescue. If that's the case, he needs to be returned and these people need to be put on a Do Not Adopt list.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:26 PM

Yeah, the OP didn't state from where the dog was procured (Rescue? Pound? BYB?) in the first place.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yeah, the OP didn't state from where the dog was procured (Rescue? Pound? BYB?) in the first place.
The shelters and rescues I've worked with would never adopt an animal out without the whole family meeting it and being in agreement. It would be a recipe for a disaster such as this one!

Old 11-30-2014, 10:31 PM

Yep, me, either. We both had to be screened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships