Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:03 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,276,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UC18 View Post
With all due respect, you come across as someone who has very little (if any) experience with women or dating. These posts look like they were written by an alien attempting to understand humans.
I actually think Info Guy is spot on. He is speaking from experience. How else would he come up with this stuff?.......I don't bother trying for women that all men find attractive. Those women have a "list"! Trust me. And if you meet ALL of the requirements on their list, you don't exist. What would make me any different from the last 100 dudes that asked them out on that day? They also don't have much personality or brains. When is the last time you have personally saw a REALLY hot engineer or doctor? Reality check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 09:12 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
I actually think Info Guy is spot on. He is speaking from experience. How else would he come up with this stuff?.......I don't bother trying for women that all men find attractive. Those women have a "list"! Trust me. And if you meet ALL of the requirements on their list, you don't exist. What would make me any different from the last 100 dudes that asked them out on that day? They also don't have much personality or brains. When is the last time you have personally saw a REALLY hot engineer or doctor? Reality check.
Such a ridiculous post...

Old 12-03-2014, 09:31 AM

1,913 posts, read 1,276,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Such a ridiculous post...
Right....my opinion.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:31 AM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
With all due respect, you come across as someone who has very little (if any) experience with women or dating. These posts look like they were written by an alien attempting to understand humans.
^ Lol. I love this.... hahahah

Old 12-03-2014, 12:11 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,267,922 times
Quote:

HAHAHA I would have to agree.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:13 PM

408 posts, read 722,724 times
My only real experience with attractive women is that they turn me down or call me a "nice guy", which is another way of turning me down. Other than that no other real experience.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:27 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Right....my opinion.
An opinion quite obviously not based in real world experience. Like seriously, you think that someone's physical qualities have anything to do with their intelligence? I know plenty of ugly people who are stump dumb, and beautiful people who are brilliant. The two have nothing to do with each other.

What would really blow your mind is how many beautiful women are out there who don't consider themselves attractive, who rarely get blatantly hit on at all, and rarely asked out. Mostly because the majority of guys think like you do and avoid them. Thank you, by the way. Makes my life a lot better.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:32 PM

408 posts, read 722,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
An opinion quite obviously not based in real world experience. Like seriously, you think that someone's physical qualities have anything to do with their intelligence? I know plenty of ugly people who are stump dumb, and beautiful people who are brilliant. The two have nothing to do with each other.

What would really blow your mind is how many beautiful women are out there who don't consider themselves attractive, who rarely get blatantly hit on at all, and rarely asked out. Mostly because the majority of guys think like you do and avoid them. Thank you, by the way. Makes my life a lot better.
I actually agree for once. You'd be surprised how many gorgeous women are doctors, lawyers, teachers, you name it. Intelligence and beauty are not mutually exclusive.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:47 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
I actually agree for once. You'd be surprised how many gorgeous women are doctors, lawyers, teachers, you name it. Intelligence and beauty are not mutually exclusive.
I've discovered a little bit of crossover. Obviously, natural beauty and innate intelligence are totally unrelated. But if someone is attractive, and accustomed to getting through life because they're attractive, they can be less motivated to choose to learn things, simply by nature of not needing to do so.

This applies to guys as well, though you see it more often with guys' talents than looks. For example, a really good athlete. Same thing: They're not more or less likely to be smart by nature of being athletic, but if they get by (especially in formative/early years) by nature of being athletic, then they might be less inclined to study/learn things.

Not mutually exclusive, and certainly not mutually INCLUSIVE....but a little bit of correlation.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:36 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Attractive people aren't any different than you and I. They are just better looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships