Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 02:11 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Attractive women in tech sales often don't know much........they sell on looks.........and not much else........because that's generally the only assets they have. I am referring to 9 and 10 only no 7's they know they ain't hot and actually put in the time to learn. .
This has been my experience as well, but it applies to any position that involves interpersonal relationships. Sales guys are often the same way (or the male equivalent...charming, smooth talkers, etc...but not so bright) You'll see it a lot in Marketing/PR-type positions as well. The key to success in such fields is positively interacting with others, and there aren't many things that compete with "being hot" when it comes to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Looks fade with age then what will they use to have success in life?
They don't automatically become failures, as some might think. If you can stretch a looks-based career well into your 40's, you've built up enough experience to be actually good at the job by then. Or, in some cases, they don't know the looks have faded.

Side story: I worked for a non-profit company that was heavily reliant on donations, and the solicitation of said donations. An entire department was dedicated to throwing parties and other social events to bring these donors in...pretty standard for this kind of company.

The head of that department was a woman that had clearly gotten by on her looks her entire life (the bulk of her savings came from marrying and divorcing three very wealthy men, one of whom was the former owner of the company)...except she was 72 now. But she still dressed and acted the same way that you presume she's acted her entire life to get what she wanted...short skirts, platform heels, cleavage-baring tops, a really flirty attitude, etc...it was terrible. Except that now that she was the head of the department, nobody could call it into question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 03:41 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
They don't automatically become failures, as some might think. If you can stretch a looks-based career well into your 40's, you've built up enough experience to be actually good at the job by then. Or, in some cases, they don't know the looks have faded.

Side story: I worked for a non-profit company that was heavily reliant on donations, and the solicitation of said donations. An entire department was dedicated to throwing parties and other social events to bring these donors in...pretty standard for this kind of company.

The head of that department was a woman that had clearly gotten by on her looks her entire life (the bulk of her savings came from marrying and divorcing three very wealthy men, one of whom was the former owner of the company)...except she was 72 now. But she still dressed and acted the same way that you presume she's acted her entire life to get what she wanted...short skirts, platform heels, cleavage-baring tops, a really flirty attitude, etc...it was terrible. Except that now that she was the head of the department, nobody could call it into question.
Yes, the only downsides to being really good looking is perhaps some people might not take you seriously. But honestly, if everything else is equal, most people wouldn't mind being good looking.

Old 12-06-2014, 07:46 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Here's another trait when I think about it :

Often they can be brutal, nasty, to other women that compare to them beauty wise, or are superior.
Almost like they feel threatened. They will say its not bc of what they look like and its bc of the person they are, or some other reason. But I don't buy it bc its nearly always directed at other attractive women.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:49 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Did you ever stop to think that having " guys constantly " hitting on them may be the reason why they refuse to accept dates? Why is someone who is single and exercising their options ( looking for a potential b/f) remiss? Why would you have an issue with someone looking for someone else who's a better fit? It's called "dating". ( kissing a lot of frogs).
You say you avoid certain types ( not good fit), but then you turn around and attack women for doing exactly what you do as being shallow, dumb, or looking for a " big fish".
Yup!

Old 12-06-2014, 09:58 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Some of the attractive ones.........I interact with on a regular basis because I am sales.

It usually goes like this, and I have been in tech sales over 10 years, different places, and states.

Attractive women in tech sales often don't know much........they sell on looks.........and not much else........because that's generally the only assets they have. I am referring to 9 and 10 only no 7's they know they ain't hot and actually put in the time to learn.

It's obvious in their linked photos. Dress fitting for a night out with BF or some cocktail dress showing their fake tan and boobs with their laser white "Ross" teeth.

It crosses over in their personal lives as well.

They are plain shallow without much substance.

So says the guy who grades women's looks on a numeric scale. Like my 16-year old son and his friends do. Yeah, you're a mature man of substance, alright.

How old are you, anyway? In your 20s? If you're in your 30s, then it's hilarious. If you're in your 40s, then it's beyond pathetic, and I say that US society is doomed. And I'm not joking.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:13 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,642 times
I wonder what my exes have to say about this haha. I need to ask them what it was like dating me (kidding, of course).

That said, they're still single ... that probably gives me a clue as to where they're at. Nowhere. They must be kicking themselves for letting yours truly go.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Attractive women tend to be very mean. Less attractive women are nicer. Just my opinion.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:50 PM

615 posts, read 726,043 times
I find that the women who get the most attention are the ones who are cute, outgoing and approachable. Women who have model-caliber looks don't get nearly as much attention.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:56 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
I find that the women who get the most attention are the ones who are cute, outgoing and approachable. Women who have model-caliber looks don't get nearly as much attention.
Women with model-caliber looks are most likely taken already. They don't want attention.

Old 12-06-2014, 05:20 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Good luck, report back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships