Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 07:23 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,500,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yes. It's kind of sad that there exists this standard and that it is assumed this perfect looking person will also possess a perfect personality and character, besides. This is the fantasy. As mentioned here, all anyone needs to do is look around in public to see how most people and couples look. Another point - some very attractive people can become very ugly, once you know them.
Sure, they can become ugly once you know them but they are still pretty from the outside and to others. Nobody sees your personality from first sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
My experience is they almost always have a boy friend already. My record was 16 girls I asked out in a row were already seeing someone.
That is a 100% rate. Are you sure they will telling the truth?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Isn't that a crazy self-defeating thing? We've had threads where men say they avoid attractive women, because they assume the women will turn them down. They don't want to be part of the line stretching around the block just to try to get to talk to these women, they say. And nearly all the guys here say all women have it easy dating, all they have to do is pick from the dozens of candidates making offers every day.

So sad. Everybody loses with these crazy assumptions.
We have been talking about this for decades! and ever since forums were created on the Internet.

We need some real proof here. Any YouTube videos on this to experiment?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
In my experience (and I'd say I've had more then average experience with very attractive girls) it totally depends on the girl.

The only generalization I feel comfortable saying is that they are statistically slightly more likely to be shallow and "ding-bats" then unattractive women, but many of them aren't at all, they are sweet, loving, humble everyday people who just happen to look amazing. It doesn't go to everyones head.

And many unattractive women think they are gods gift to men and are total ding bats, so you just gotta take it on a case by case basis.
After you get to them, they are humble though.

I am talking about first meeting.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The truth is, Ruth. 'Almost' all hotties are taken, and or, being pursued by multiple guys (the sane ones anyways) if you're a male, wanting a shot of the title, you better bring more than your spectacular personality to the ring, Lol. These women are constantly bombarded by good looking guys and swamp donkeys like me, Lol.
Are you being sarcastic?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:47 PM

8,921 posts, read 7,700,569 times
Not every attractive woman is taken.

How attractive she is really irrelevant if the dude won't even take the time to actually talk to her. Some of the loneliest people on earth are VERY attractive.

I can't tell you how many times I have gotten the "I was too scared to ask you out because I thought you were this and that..." it's like they assume you will say no because of your "prettiness" if I say no, it means I am not interested, whether they think I am attractive or not.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:10 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,965,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Are there any data on this about very attractive women don't get asked out often? Did you mean that the most attractive men not asking them out?
I know you have been dying to know. Well, I digged up a video for you on a woman's perspective. Much of it is all assumption.

I will however say that based on this assumption, and these hot women knowing this, they sort of use it against themselves and can make it a bit more challenging even for themselves as they won't simply go for any joe schmoe... So, although assumed, much of it is them waiting for mister right IMO.

These are to really great vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wbo7XbBHJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IFR3ow-M3M

Old 12-01-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Disagree. My current female friend is gorgeous and she tells me guys never ask her out in person.
Not even one guy?

Old 12-01-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Not every attractive woman is taken.

How attractive she is really irrelevant if the dude won't even take the time to actually talk to her. Some of the loneliest people on earth are VERY attractive.

I can't tell you how many times I have gotten the "I was too scared to ask you out because I thought you were this and that..." it's like they assume you will say no because of your "prettiness" if I say no, it means I am not interested, whether they think I am attractive or not.
At the end of the day, it really comes down to numbers. It's a number's game for guys since girls rarely ask guys out.

If a guy asked out 1,000 attractive women of his choice, he should be able to get one yes. It may take some time but if he truly wants that girl then he should pursue it.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I know you have been dying to know. Well, I digged up a video for you on a woman's perspective. Much of it is all assumption.

I will however say that based on this assumption, and these hot women knowing this, they sort of use it against themselves and can make it a bit more challenging even for themselves as they won't simply go for any joe schmoe... So, although assumed, much of it is them waiting for mister right IMO.

These are to really great vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wbo7XbBHJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IFR3ow-M3M
Those are staged though. All acting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships