Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 05:42 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,424,458 times

Advertisements

From my perspective, its not the wealth alone that gives guys more success with women.
Its all of wealth's intangibles. For example more of an outgoing lifestyle, increased confidence, Exposure and talking/asking out more women.

Remove that wealth from the guys life and those intangibles just listed either decrease or disappear.
Unless he is so accustomed to being wealthy the traits stick.
Just a point I wanted to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 05:47 PM

102,197 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
From my perspective, its not the wealth alone that gives guys more success with women.
Its all of wealth's intangibles. For example more of an outgoing lifestyle, increased confidence, talking/asking out more women.

Remove that wealth from the guys life and those intangibles just listed either decrease or disappear.
So, you haven't noticed the threads posted here by guys who are making good money, but still can't bring themselves to utter a word to a woman? You believe that earning (or inheriting) a solid amount of money just magically causes people to overcome any inhibitions or personality disorders they may have? Money is magic? And it automatically causes people to be compatible with the moneyed person, so that finding a good match isn't a problem?

Really?

Old 12-03-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
So, you haven't noticed the threads posted here by guys who are making good money, but still can't bring themselves to utter a word to a woman? You believe that earning (or inheriting) a solid amount of money just magically causes people to overcome any inhibitions or personality disorders they may have? Money is magic? And it automatically causes people to be compatible with the moneyed person, so that finding a good match isn't a problem?

Really?
Yes I do in most cases. What threads where? they are rare I would have thought.

And wealth is not just money, but assets and desirable possessions.

Last edited by dave nz; 12-03-2014 at 06:22 PM..

Old 12-03-2014, 05:58 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,945,062 times
Quote:
From my perspective, its not the wealth alone that...
It's not the anything alone that...

everything (wealth, attractiveness, wit, charm, energy) counts.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:00 PM

619 posts, read 651,811 times
Quote:
Its all of wealth's intangibles. For example more of an outgoing lifestyle, increased confidence, Exposure and talking/asking out more women.

Curious if you think wealth would also increase the amount of success women have with men.

I don't see how wealth provides those attributes. If you're wealthy, then wouldn't most of your circle be of that same affluent lifestyle?? So you're still even with your peer group.

Those traits you've listed....I know poor to average incomed men who have them in spades. I think wealth, in the scheme of finding love would be more of a hindrance. I know I'm not rich, but I do okay and more often than not, a man's primary interest in a relationship is my bank account or how they picture themselves managing my portfolio (even though they have no experience investing).

Old 12-03-2014, 06:01 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,422 times
Dude, you probably didn't mean this to sound as simplistic and reality-disconnected as it does. I guess you don't know any well-to-do guys. People are people. Shyness doesn't target any particular socio-economic group. Word has it that Prince Chuck still stumbled and stammered when he proposed to Di. He was still a clutz. And you've prob'ly known dudes who just had a way of making women feel comfortable, in spite of their humble background.

Upbringing is more the defining factor. How your parents or whatever your support network was backed you up. Even if nobody backed you up and you were picked on in school, some people rise above that by becoming the class clown. Those types tend to be babe magnets, too.

Think back to when you were in school and university. You must have known plenty of exceptions to your rule, right? Examples are all around you. There are so many exceptions, the rule has to be thrown out.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, you probably didn't mean this to sound as simplistic and reality-disconnected as it does. I guess you don't know any well-to-do guys. People are people. Shyness doesn't target any particular socio-economic group. Word has it that Prince Chuck still stumbled and stammered when he proposed to Di. He was still a clutz. And you've prob'ly known dudes who just had a way of making women feel comfortable, in spite of their humble background.

Upbringing is more the defining factor. How your parents or whatever your support network was backed you up. Even if nobody backed you up and you were picked on in school, some people rise above that by becoming the class clown. Those types tend to be babe magnets, too.

Think back to when you were in school and university. You must have known plenty of exceptions to your rule, right? Examples are all around you. There are so many exceptions, the rule has to be thrown out.
lol

Of course. It applies in most cases IMO, but certainly not all. And I know plenty of wealthy guys and most have zero problems attracting women.

Peace.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:10 PM

102,197 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Some wealthy guys have personality issues, others, if they're really smart and accomplished, may have trouble finding women who are a good fit. Especially if they're quirky creative types. Those types of match-up problems don't go away just because you have money. In fact, having money can make it worse. Some guys have to become recluses to some extent, to keep the hordes at bay who come after them just for their money.

Life isn't easy for most people. It may look like it from the outside looking in, but it really isn't that way.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Some wealthy guys have personality issues, others, if they're really smart and accomplished, may have trouble finding women who are a good fit. Especially if they're quirky creative types. Those types of match-up problems don't go away just because you have money. In fact, having money can make it worse. Some guys have to become recluses to some extent, to keep the hordes at bay who come after them just for their money.

Money this money that. See post #3, wealth is about far more than money.

Quote:
Life isn't easy for most people. It may look like it from the outside looking in, but it really isn't that way.
Totally agree.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:17 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Quote:

Really?
You are right, money isn't everything.If anything you are used by others the more you have if you aren't careful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships