Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 12:46 PM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times

Advertisements

Tell him, "Sorry - it's a medium!" & that the shirt is sooo awesome you're going to keep it! Then, a week later, casually post a picture of yourself wearing it on fb - but first, cut out the neckline and sleeves to feminize the crap out of it! Don't be a doormat for a dingbat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 12:48 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,099 times
Quote:
How would you respond to this?
I wouldn't.

Quote:
Should I still give him the shirt??
Hell no.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:07 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,178,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjess1951 View Post
Earlier this year, I met a guy that I was attracted to but unfortunately, he lived in a different state.

I told him I'd be interested in hanging out if he ever came back in town. He said he was down to hang out and that he came back into town often.

Well... he came back into town numerous times but never reached out to me to hang out. I got random texts here and there about the college basketball team we really like, but never an invite to hang out....
Considering the "numerous times" it should have been obvious that he had virtually no interest, and you should have blocked the number. Do it now, and enjoy the shirt.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:28 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,665,923 times
Well if you do give him the shirt and he sweet talks you that day, you'll probably end up sleeping with him to resolve the cognitive dissonance for going through so much trouble for a jerk.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:35 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times
Offer to sell it to him...but for the love of God...don't give it to him. He is obviously a tool just using you.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:48 PM

374 posts, read 393,140 times
keep the shirt for yourself and don't text him back.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:55 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,025 times
No I wouldn't get him the shirt, and I'd also not talk to him anymore. Seems like a selfish a hole to me. Did he even ask how you were doing or how things were going in your life?

Old 12-04-2014, 04:02 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
No I wouldn't get him the shirt, and I'd also not talk to him anymore. Seems like a selfish a hole to me. Did he even ask how you were doing or how things were going in your life?
I was wondering the same thing. It sounded like his contact was all about the shirt.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,676,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjess1951 View Post
Earlier this year, I met a guy that I was attracted to but unfortunately, he lived in a different state.

I told him I'd be interested in hanging out if he ever came back in town. He said he was down to hang out and that he came back into town often.

Well... he came back into town numerous times but never reached out to me to hang out. I got random texts here and there about the college basketball team we really like, but never an invite to hang out.

Last night I was playing my flag football game and checked my phone at half time and saw this guy had texted me. He started off by asking if I was at the basketball game (our college team was playing) and when I said no, he responded "Dang - I was going to see if you could grab me one of those shirts (they had given out shirts to everyone in attendance). At first, it didn't bother me. I told him my mom was probably there and that I could see if she could grab him one. Instead of "Thanks" or "I really appreciate it", he starts asking what size and that he can't wear a medium so make sure its not a medium.

I started to get annoyed because I'm like bro, you never call me or anything when you're in town and now you're contacting me being bossy about wanting my mom to grab you a free tshirt?! She doesn't even know you.

When my mom confirmed she would grab a shirt, I told him and his response was "Cool - I'll be in town this weekend and I can get it from you". I responded that I wouldn't see my mom until Sunday.

His response?

That's cool - I'll hit you up on Sunday.

Um - FU buddy - seriously.

Should I still give him the shirt??
I wouldn't waste a second on this guy. Just text him you gave the shirt to someone else and then lose his number, what a user

Old 12-04-2014, 07:11 PM

416 posts, read 395,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
I was wondering the same thing. It sounded like his contact was all about the shirt.
No, he definitely did not. Any contact from him is in regards to the team we like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships