Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 06:22 PM

13 posts, read 45,780 times

Advertisements

I've dating a guy (age28) for 3 months. Last week, we had a serious talk over the phone. He said these things to me:

“You really help me think a lot about myself, not sure what triggered it. But I’ve been in self reflection mode since meeting you. You bring the old me back, the adventurous, energetic e, ambitious, me.”

And then we started talking about our relationship. He says:

“I didn’t want to like someone and wasn’t even looking to want to like someone. But it’s funny how life works because I think when you want something, it almost blinds you. But when you’re not looking for something, at times, it’s almost really clear.”

Then he continues to say, “I want to say…wait..have to give myself a good shake.. (he sounded like he had something big to say)”

“I’m kind of scared. I'm falling so hard. I’ve always been a guy who likes to reason things out, head over heart. I’m never quick to speak but I listen first and think and then respond. Because I always felt like thinking rationally is to think with your head and not with your heart. But it’s crazy because I like you a lot. As I’m getting to know you I’m liking you more and more. So this obviously new territory for me. I’ve never felt like this before with any girl..”

WHAT I don't get is how he's never had these feelings for a girl before when his last relationship was with his friend for over 2 years. Is this guy lying to me??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 06:24 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Ask him.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:27 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Is this the same guy from your other thread? //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...him-think.html

Old 12-04-2014, 06:27 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
OMG..you are over thinking things. There are tons of people who have dated all their lives yet can meet someone and feel a connection they have never felt before. Perfectly normal. And unless the guy is doing other things that make you question him, or you know some seedy history on him or something, I don't see why you would be so quick to question whether he was being honest. Just see how he ACTS..because in the long run, THAT is what will matter. Does his ACTIONS match his words.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:31 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny85 View Post
I've dating a guy (age28) for 3 months. Last week, we had a serious talk over the phone. He said these things to me:

“You really help me think a lot about myself, not sure what triggered it. But I’ve been in self reflection mode since meeting you. You bring the old me back, the adventurous, energetic e, ambitious, me.”

And then we started talking about our relationship. He says:

“I didn’t want to like someone and wasn’t even looking to want to like someone. But it’s funny how life works because I think when you want something, it almost blinds you. But when you’re not looking for something, at times, it’s almost really clear.”

Then he continues to say, “I want to say…wait..have to give myself a good shake.. (he sounded like he had something big to say)”

“I’m kind of scared. I'm falling so hard. I’ve always been a guy who likes to reason things out, head over heart. I’m never quick to speak but I listen first and think and then respond. Because I always felt like thinking rationally is to think with your head and not with your heart. But it’s crazy because I like you a lot. As I’m getting to know you I’m liking you more and more. So this obviously new territory for me. I’ve never felt like this before with any girl..”

WHAT I don't get is how he's never had these feelings for a girl before when his last relationship was with his friend for over 2 years. Is this guy lying to me??
Completely agree with Summerfall, you ARE overthinking this.

Look, the truth is, time will tell. And time IS your friend here.

Don't listen to what a man says so much as watch what he does.

If he is lying to you his behavior will eventually show that.

Just chill and have fun, don't be in such a hurry

Old 12-04-2014, 06:37 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times
Each relationship situation is always going to be new territory. Like a new job, unless you are in the same exact relationship, the current relationship is always new and different from any others ever previously experienced. Obviously you do not feel the same way as he does as your initial reaction is disbelief and skepticism when you were supposed to trust. Unless you have a change of heart this relationship has a very limited and short lifespan ahead of it.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:38 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Just let it play out, go with the flow.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:23 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
All of his statements are "me, me, me." This is what I want, this is how I feel, this is what I've been looking for, I've been looking deeply into myself, I, I, I, me, me, me.

Where does the "you" come in?

Or maybe I'm just in a witchy-with-a-B mood tonight. But seriously, that would turn me off. "I like being with you because you make me think even more about me."

Yeah, no thanks.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:33 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times
i could swear i replied to this exact same thread like weeks ago

yet i see it was just posted a short time ago

and to answer your question, you just like who you like and the degree varies. if it didnt.. then men would just be with one woman for life and be content with it

why cant a man be sincere w/o being suspected of lying

we just cant win

Old 12-04-2014, 09:23 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post

why cant a man be sincere w/o being suspected of lying

we just cant win
Sometimes cads of both sexes take advantage of sincerity and treat it as a weakness to be exploited. They ruin it for everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships