Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think this forum has helped you?
Yes I am martial artist in dating now 1 3.13%
I learned some things 10 31.25%
Neutral 7 21.88%
I need to unlearn what I've seen here 14 43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 09:48 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
As far as what I learned......

I learned that there is a lot of animosity between genders on here. I suppose when you have loved and lost, or you have never had a chance to love or be loved it can make you a very bitter person. It's really sad that people let their past experiences control them so much. I am guilty of this as well.

I just hope half the stuff I see here doesn't occur near as much IRL.
It doesn't, I posted something similar to your post further up in the thread, you're one of the good ones here, keep your chin up.... LOL...

This nonsense you see here doesn't happen nearly as much in real life, in real life people are a bit more normal... key words "a bit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
The only thing I've learned here is there are way more pathetic people than I had ever imagined possible.

As the kids would say "true dat"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 09:52 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
I've learned new words/meanings:

The wall: the age women decay in sexual appeal

Slam chic: Lol

PUA: Pu..ies United Alliance

Just some I've learned

Old 12-06-2014, 10:02 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you have become more shy Adi. I will say that it's hard to find the right person for you, but persistence pays off. Congrats on approaching the six ladies. That is progress.

I will say that when I was a much younger and single female I got turned down too. I just didn't take it personally. I just figured they were already matched up. It doesn't take anything away from you. Think of dating as getting through all the negatives to get to the positive.

It's like doing a puzzle. Sometimes you sort through all the pieces and get rid of the ones who don't match. Sometimes you think one will work, but it doesn't. It's all to find the piece that actually fits you.

keep it up!
I never approached 6 ladies . In fact, I've been approached by one who was just looking for sex. I deserve to be more than just a bed toy to someone, right. I turned down the offer.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:06 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you have become more shy Adi. I will say that it's hard to find the right person for you, but persistence pays off. Congrats on approaching the six ladies. That is progress.

I will say that when I was a much younger and single female I got turned down too. I just didn't take it personally. I just figured they were already matched up. It doesn't take anything away from you. Think of dating as getting through all the negatives to get to the positive.

It's like doing a puzzle. Sometimes you sort through all the pieces and get rid of the ones who don't match. Sometimes you think one will work, but it doesn't. It's all to find the piece that actually fits you.

keep it up!
You're literally confusing him with theHurricanekid.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:11 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Option 4 is so true. I must unlearn what I see here.

What I hear from women here, and in real life are entirely two different things. I've gotta go with real life in such a case. TBH, I've become even more shy of speaking with women after being bashed here .

My entire purpose of coming to CD was for opinions on HSR networks across NY state & New England. Also learned that most are NIMBY conservatives on this forum . I had a vision to connect Toronto-Boston and NYC-Montreal by HSR (called the Northeastern Cartesian). We really need to invest in infrastructure at this point, and road maintenance in those areas after winter can get very expensive.
If this forum has had such a negative impact on your life - then why do you come here? How has the forum made you more shy? How have you been bashed here?

Old 12-06-2014, 10:50 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,010 times
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. There are some really insightful posters on here, but they are far and few in between if you ask me.

The problem with it is that nobody really knows anybody here, so lots of posters end up making grand assumptions about each other. There are also a lot of bitter, jaded, sarcastic, vindictive people that claim to be "cutting through the BS" and "offering actual advice", but I think they end up doing more harm on here than good.

The fact of the matter is that sometimes I leave this forum feeling more bitter about my situation because of how people directly and indirectly insult you as a person. My favorite back-handed insult from the wonderful members on this forum? The "no wonder you're single" line. Pfft, as if you know anything about me.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:01 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This forum hasn't done much to help me, if it has, it's by reverse positive logic, realizing maybe I don't have it that bad....

This forum has actually in my opinion lowered my opinion of the interaction between the sexes... not always, but a lot of the time. I have to remind myself that it's not real life, real life is much more "normal"

I often question why I keep coming back as much as I do......it really doesn't feed the soul or the spirit.
It is kind of like an unhealthy addiction. And this forum, IMO, is not reflective of real life either. When I took a few weeks off from here, I actually felt much more positive about myself. But for some inexplicable reason, I found myself back here the last couple of days. I always start out feeling pretty good about being here, thinking I'm going to remain positive and offer the best input that I can. But then I read something that rubs me the wrong way, something that seems so ruthless and absurd, and I'm back to feeling like crap.

What was it the other day I read on here? I think someone was explaining how the older virgins on here are part of the natural selection process. In other words, they're not able to pass on their genetic material because nature is eliminating the weak. I find it ironic that we can't talk about fat people issues on this forum (because god knows there are plenty of them out here), but it's totally cool to tell people who have struggled with relationships that nature is weeding them out of society. Who the hell says something like that about another human being? Someone cold and heartless, that's who. I can't imagine the hurt and bitterness that is brewing within someone to make them inclined to be so hurtful and relentless to their fellow human being.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:01 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Feel better?

Old 12-06-2014, 11:06 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
It is kind of like an unhealthy addiction. And this forum, IMO, is not reflective of real life either. When I took a few weeks off from here, I actually felt much more positive about myself. But for some inexplicable reason, I found myself back here the last couple of days. I always start out feeling pretty good about being here, thinking I'm going to remain positive and offer the best input that I can. But then I read something that rubs me the wrong way, something that seems so ruthless and absurd, and I'm back to feeling like crap.

What was it the other day I read on here? I think someone was explaining how it's natural selection. I find it ironic that we can't talk about fat people issues, but it's totally cool to tell people that nature is weeding them out of society. Who the hell says something like that about another human being? Someone cold and heartless, that's who.
I got to agree here. I'm guilty of this too. I don't know why I come back here. When people get behind a computer screen, they certainly become a more ruthless sadistic version of themselves. Maybe some people just feel emotionally repressed in real life and come here to let all of the negativity out of them without consequence.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:09 AM

818 posts, read 917,271 times
I've learned that SOME women on the internet are as crazy as in real life ( notice I didn't say ALL )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships