Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 08:06 PM

220 posts, read 278,044 times

Advertisements

This girl I met she is 17 years old she lives at home with her parents. Im 20 years old and working. She goes to school. Her parents hate me because I no joke I dated a girl in the past and they consider me "Not pure" they told me that to my face. This girl I met was in a major depression, she tried hanging herself already but her parents brought her to the hospital to get checked by a psyc. Hey parents tell her to her face that they wish she was never born and that because she does not act like them she is strange. She is always in a fight with her family. When I met her this girl was broken, always crying. But I wanted to be friends with her, I always helped her with her problems and she helped me with mine. We got a long very well, I always tried to make her laugh because I just wanted to see her smile and be happy. Than after a while I started to get feelings for her, I asked her out and she said yes. So we went out, her parents hated me though as I stated before and always gave the daughter problems because she was dating me. She started to become happy she told me. She told me "You saved me" and I asked her "from what?" and she said "You saved me from a live of misery and possible suicide, you made me understand that this world is not all bad, your the reason why I get up in the morning, I love you" We were very close. Now to the present. The day before she dumped me she was telling me she is having a huge fight with her family and its about me. I comforted her. She told me "That she really misses me, that I was the best thing that ever happened in her life and she was not gonna let me go" the day after she came up to me and said that she wanted to break up with me because she did a lot of thinking and thought that is was not gonna work because her parents were giving her to much of a hard time. She was crying while telling me this. She told me not to text, call or talk to her. So I told her I respected her choice. Its been month now and we still have not talked yet we see each other all the time, me and my family and her family goes as well (along with 100 others) go to a gathering every week 2 days a week. And every time she sees me she does not stop staring at me with this sad look. When I look at her she looks away. I dont know what to do, I love her, but I feel I will have to let go.. I just cant.. I cant even talk to her because I need to respect her wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 08:12 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
yes, you have to let her go.. trust me, in 20 years you wont even remember her name.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:21 PM

I wish it was that easy.. I never felt a connection like I had with her.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:24 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Is she going away to college?

Old 12-05-2014, 08:25 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingfalcon View Post
I will have to let go.. I just cant.. I cant even talk to her because I need to respect her wish.
Yes, you will.

You cannot help her. It is not your job to help her, and it is not something you are equipped to do.

Try to stay busy and make your own life better. Remember this situation so that if you become a dad you can learn from it and not make those mistakes.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is she going away to college?
No her college is here in the city. She is attending it

Old 12-05-2014, 08:32 PM

I love her.. I can't move on.. I know I sound like a baby.. But I just feel like I cant. Her stares...

Old 12-05-2014, 08:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
I love her.. I can't move on.. I know I sound like a baby.. But I just feel like I cant. Her stares...
Yeah, you can.

She needs much more than you can give. And you still have a LOT of growing up to do yourself.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:43 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Stop going to those events where she will be. Use the time to cultivate your own friendships and social life outside your family, and maybe you will meet someone new. This is not going to happen.

Old 12-05-2014, 08:47 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:

If you have already decided you cannot move on and cannot live without her why did you even start a thread?
You can move on and you can live without her you just choose not to which is your decision.

So accept that decision but be prepared for a lifetime of drama, issues with her parents and the constant threat of her actually succeeding in suicide.
The good news is that it is your choice and you have no one to blame but the one you see in the mirror.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships