Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 11:03 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,866,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Lol, move around with that.

Guess what. I don't find her attractive. And I get everywhere with women.

But still good for her, I guess. She didn't change the fact that she was bullied and the guy seems to have grown up. Maybe she should follow suit.
He "seems to have grown up" because he used to judge women on appearances (deciding they're unworthy because they're ugly)...and today, he, well...judges women on appearances (deciding they're worthy because they're beautiful)?

I'm not sure I follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 11:51 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
He "seems to have grown up" because he used to judge women on appearances (deciding they're unworthy because they're ugly)...and today, he, well...judges women on appearances (deciding they're worthy because they're beautiful)?

I'm not sure I follow.
Because he apologized for what he did to her like 37 years ago, when he could've just been like ' off'.

And quit acting like people don't do that on a daily basis, regardless if school age or grown, that is judging on supercritical criteria.

I know you're trying, but it's not working.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:02 AM

323 posts, read 307,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
I'm not sure how I would react if one of the girls that wouldn't give me a second look or rolled their eyes at me years ago started showing me interest today. She wouldn't get anywhere with me, I'm just not sure if I would be toxic about it or not.
I'd absolutely love it. I'd give back to them what they gave to me AT LEAST tenfold.

This is part of the reason I didn't use my first name when I had Fakebook. That way they wouldn't be able to look me up. And now the only Fakebook I have is a fake one that I use for commenting on articles online, rather than registering at a thousand different places, and it has the name of a character from a book. So even if they knew what I go by now, say because someone who was one of my friends on there told one of them, they won't be looking me up.

All in all I'd say it's a lot better this way.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Because he apologized for what he did to her like 37 years ago, when he could've just been like ' off'.
Oh yeah, now THAT is a sure sign of growing up.

Basically this played out as: "OMG, you're hot now! I mean...Sorry I said mean things to you. So will you go out with me?"

My eight-year-old does this. "Mommy, can I have a cookie? I love you." Actually, he's starting to grow out of that.

He also does that super-quick "apology" thing. "Say you're sorry to your brother." "I don't want to." "Say you're sorry, or you can't have your cookie." (son sighs, blows out breath, turns to brother) "Sorry." (turns back to me) "Can I have that cookie now?"

By the way, why would HE be the one saying "F--- off"? He looked her up; he asked her out. How would that have worked out? "Would you go out with me? You should, because I'm being nice about it, rather than telling you to F--- off."

Old 12-08-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
And quit acting like people don't do that on a daily basis, regardless if school age or grown, that is judging on supercritical criteria.

a. What does that have to do with your assertion that he has "grown up," especially if what you're saying is that we're always like this? Where does the "he grew up" part come in?

b. Judging; probably. Judging and therefore making someone's life hell for a few years, loudly and humiliatingly? Not as acceptable. Even a four-year-old knows that continuously taunting a person is bad and that it makes the person cry.

I know you're trying to justify this person's behavior, perhaps because you're as base as he is, who can really say? - but it's not working.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah, now THAT is a sure sign of growing up.

Basically this played out as: "OMG, you're hot now! I mean...Sorry I said mean things to you. So will you go out with me?"

My eight-year-old does this. "Mommy, can I have a cookie? I love you." Actually, he's starting to grow out of that.

He also does that super-quick "apology" thing. "Say you're sorry to your brother." "I don't want to." "Say you're sorry, or you can't have your cookie." (son sighs, blows out breath, turns to brother) "Sorry." (turns back to me) "Can I have that cookie now?"

By the way, why would HE be the one saying "F--- off"? He looked her up; he asked her out. How would that have worked out? "Would you go out with me? You should, because I'm being nice about it, rather than telling you to F--- off."
Oh yeah? Well, since you know so much about this guy, tell us more about him. And after she rejected him is when he could've told her to off - after all of this. Didn't think that part was that hard to follow.

Like I said, her little measly revenge doesn't change the bulling she went through, why bother with all of this nonsense. And the icing on the cake is she had to upload it online. Lol, mature.

Good Lawd, I was bullied and harassed early in my teen years, and I don't waste time or energy trying to get back at them for stuff they did when they were young and immature. But that's because I actually have a life, I guess.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:29 AM

Quote:
a. What does that have to do with your assertion that he has "grown up," especially if what you're saying is that we're always like this? Where does the "he grew up" part come in?

b. Judging; probably. Judging and therefore making someone's life hell for a few years, loudly and humiliatingly? Not as acceptable. Even a four-year-old knows that continuously taunting a person is bad and that it makes the person cry.

I know you're trying to justify this person's behavior, perhaps because you're as base as he is, who can really say? - but it's not working.

Yeah, you're confusing me. Other people in this thread have also noted how he has grown and matured since he bullied her, I have no clue why that's so difficult for you to understand.

Justly what? Him bullying her in school ? At what point did I say that ? Huh ??

Old 12-08-2014, 12:32 AM

4,289 posts, read 3,990,915 times
I think many girls gone through this... I remember that sort of a bully in my class but now he is like an elephant. That is what we say what send around come around.

Old 12-08-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah? Well, since you know so much about this guy, tell us more about him. And after she rejected him is when he could've told her to off - after all of this. Didn't think that part was that hard to follow.
This is just getting bizarre. For that matter, how do you know he did?

You claimed he COULD HAVE told her to f--- off, which I'm assuming means you were saying he didn't. You're the one who brought this up, remember?

How do you know? Who's the one being psychic about this man again?

Old 12-08-2014, 03:38 AM

Quote:

Yeah, you're confusing me. Other people in this thread have also noted how he has grown and matured since he bullied her, I have no clue why that's so difficult for you to understand.
You don't know why it's hard for me to understand your assertion that he's grown and matured? Because you haven't shown that he did grow or mature.

It's that simple...I think you're the one incapable of understanding something that is really extremely simple. You made a statement, I asked you to back it up, you couldn't. Still can't. See? Simple.

Now you've thrown out there that he could have told her to f--- off but didn't (as evidence that he's grown and matured). Except you don't know that he didn't...except that...well...he could have, afterward, but maybe he didn't even though he could have...

I think you're the one who's quite confused here. In fact, you seem to be confusing even yourself.

It's simple. You say he grew and matured. Then you fail to back that up, except with suppositions that keep twisting around.

It was your statement that he matured. Remember?

I don't know how to get you to understand this. Maybe I should type slower?

It is THIS SIMPLE. Please read slowly. You say he grew and matured and she didn't. Exactly how did he grow and mature that you know of, not that you created in your head as some possibility that you can't back up in any way?

Once again, you made the statement. Not I. That's why it's up to you to back it up. You seemed quite sure of the statement when you made it. Now it seems you have NO EVIDENCE of what you stated. I asked a simple question. You still have no answer except possibilities you have invented (i.e. he could have told her to f--- off after the fact but he didn't).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships