Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 08:19 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times

Advertisements

LOL!!! This thread.

The women at the library can be some of the easiest to meet (in my experience). As far as sounding stalker-ish. A couple of them ladies say some pretty stalker-ish things to me.

One of the ladies I keep contact with. She approached me and kept coming. I eventually fell for her. The other one is married, so I don't want to break my code of honor.

OP, I would talk to her. Just keep it casual. Let it build slow. If anything happens, then it happens. Otherwise, life goes on. You'll meet another woman that catches your attention.

(I say this as much to myself).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 08:39 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
LOL!!! This thread.

The women at the library can be some of the easiest to meet (in my experience). As far as sounding stalker-ish. A couple of them ladies say some pretty stalker-ish things to me.

One of the ladies I keep contact with. She approached me and kept coming. I eventually fell for her. The other one is married, so I don't want to break my code of honor.

OP, I would talk to her. Just keep it casual. Let it build slow. If anything happens, then it happens. Otherwise, life goes on. You'll meet another woman that catches your attention.

(I say this as much to myself).
Great advice! You have really come so far TJ!

Old 12-09-2014, 08:53 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I work in a library, and if a man came to my desk and flirted with me, I wouldn't care what my coworkers would think. Why would you? In fact, men do come to my desk and flirt with me sometimes. I'm a super nice librarian.

If you really want to speak to her alone, go find a book on a shelf in the far corner of the library, write the call number down on a scrap of paper, move the book one shelf down, then go tell her you can't find the book. She'll go help you find it. I hunt down books for people 100 times per day so no one will think anything of it.

It is also not unusual for people of all kinds to initiate a conversation with a librarian by saying "I really like (name of favorite author) but I've read all those. Can you recommend something for me to read next?"
That's a good approach I used a variation of that in college. It worked pretty good.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:03 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Most libraries have programs from time to time. Ask about this, and attend whatever seems interesting.

You could also ask if you could volunteer in some capacity. Maybe you could help the children's librarian prepare materials for craft programs, decorate bulletin boards, etc., if you're artsy. Just relax and drop the formality. Be friendly, not stiff or stalkerish. Smile. Make eye contact. Keep it light. Don't lead with asking the lady out; she's unlikely to go out with someone she doesn't know at all. So get to know her a little first.

Good luck to you.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:08 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,603,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I work in a library, and if a man came to my desk and flirted with me, I wouldn't care what my coworkers would think. Why would you? In fact, men do come to my desk and flirt with me sometimes. I'm a super nice librarian.

If you really want to speak to her alone, go find a book on a shelf in the far corner of the library, write the call number down on a scrap of paper, move the book one shelf down, then go tell her you can't find the book. She'll go help you find it. I hunt down books for people 100 times per day so no one will think anything of it.

It is also not unusual for people of all kinds to initiate a conversation with a librarian by saying "I really like (name of favorite author) but I've read all those. Can you recommend something for me to read next?"
Listen to Stagemomma. This is the easiest approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships