Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever known someone who was involved a romantic relationship that featured domestic violence
Yes, I've been in a relationship that had some domestic violence 7 18.42%
No, I have not been in a relationship that had some domestic violence 4 10.53%
I have not been in a relationship that had some domestic violence, but I have personally known someone who has 24 63.16%
No, I have not been personally connected to domestic violence first hand or otherwise 7 18.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 07:42 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times

Advertisements

It's not something that people are going to admit or talk about out. You're not going to be out at a Knicks game you your boy and he blurts out "yea the other night I smacked Jennifer in the face"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 07:47 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
It's not something that people are going to admit or talk about out. You're not going to be out at a Knicks game you your boy and he blurts out "yea the other night I smacked Jennifer in the face"
No but you can go to a Ravens game and see Ray Rice playing as if he never knocked his girlfriend out in an elevator.

This country doesn't take domestic violence seriously at all. No wonder women don't want to discuss it.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:50 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No but you can go to a Ravens game and see Ray Rice playing as if he never knocked his girlfriend out in an elevator.

This country doesn't take domestic violence seriously at all. No wonder women don't want to discuss it.

I disagree there was more controversy/coverage over the Ray rice incident than aaron Hernandez who killed multiple people

Old 12-10-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I disagree there was more controversy/coverage over the Ray rice incident than aaron Hernandez who killed multiple people
You seem to have missed my point. Ray Rice knocked his gf out, he was banned from NFL and that ban was reversed, effectively negating the seriousness of his actions and sending a message that it's ok to smack your woman around.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:30 AM

408 posts, read 722,724 times
Quote:
You seem to have missed my point. Ray Rice knocked his gf out, he was banned from NFL and that ban was reversed, effectively negating the seriousness of his actions and sending a message that it's ok to smack your woman around.
You're ignoring the fact that his girlfriend decided to stay with him. At what point do you just have to accept that some women don't want any better.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:35 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
You're ignoring the fact that his girlfriend decided to stay with him. At what point do you just have to accept that some women don't want any better.
Yeah, at that makes it ok.
Just like when abused children still love and protect their abusive parents.
They all deserve to have the chit knocked out of them. And let that be a lesson to other victims of abuse.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yeah, at that makes it ok.
Just like when abused children still love and protect their abusive parents.
They all deserve to have the chit knocked out of them. And let that be a lesson to other victims of abuse.
Exactly.

People who don't have a clue about this complex issue should go and read before they stick their proverbial foot in their mouth.

But here's a good read for you Sjd and BradPiff;

http://www.domesticabuseproject.com/...ns-women-stay/

Old 12-10-2014, 09:53 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:

Rice was arrested and charged. He got off easy, but he is also rich and famous.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:16 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,879,210 times
That's enough Ray Rice stuff in this thread.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:19 AM

Here's some stats on domestic violence. It is not rare, it's an unspoken epidemic;

30 Shocking Domestic Violence Statistics That Remind Us It's An Epidemic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships