Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:06 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Lindsey, ever since the beginning of time, abstinence has never worked, b/c Sex is a human need and desire...and yes, I agree with you all the way....but anyone who believes abstinence is what guides children, well, I think you might need a reality check, b/c kids fear nothing and love to experiment, since the beginning of time...there have been women who have been pregnant and banned from society b/c of it.

Look, just the other week, a woman was rapped by some Pakistan man, I think it was Pakistan, and SHE was placed in Prison...how primitive their thinking, but are we any better...religion I believe distorts the entire idea of freedom and choice, free will, and really makes sex as ugly, and it isn't.
Abstinence doesn't work, its in the numbers. The same people who would deprive women of having a legal abortion also want to deprive young people of birth control pills.

I am going to do everything I can to teach my daughter to be responsible sexually but I am not stupid and I don't want to have to raise my own grand child.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:13 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Abstinence doesn't work, its in the numbers. The same people who would deprive women of having a legal abortion also want to deprive young people of birth control pills.

I am going to do everything I can to teach my daughter to be responsible sexually but I am not stupid and I don't want to have to raise my own grand child.
LOL, I commend you, and say...smart woman....now that is without a doubt using your nogin, (as My dear mom would have said)

hugs

Old 01-05-2008, 01:26 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times
Quote:

Just teach her to have her heart stomped on with men/boys who want to use her? Give em the pill and you are giving them permission. I told mine by god you belong to me until you are 18 and I love you too much to let you believe the lie that unmarried sex is ok and great for your self estem!

Old 01-05-2008, 03:54 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
If someone is happy in a relationship like that then I think outsiders are out of place to say anything.

If it were my daughter heading in that direction, I would sit her down and try to get her to think about her choices however. I think there are times when women get involved with men of that age to have a Father figure or an older man gets involved with a younger woman because he hasn't accepted his REAL age or he is looking for someone to take care of him. I think its important to know what is behind your choices. That doesn't mean you shouldn't go ahead, just make a completely informed decision.

For me personally, men are hard enough to deal with without them being old, fussy and annoying as h e l l.
I agree with you...it's nobody's business...and the last sentence...reminded me of my ex....he was young, old, fussy and annoying, now, where the @#$% is that shoe....

Old 01-05-2008, 04:17 PM

388 posts, read 328,540 times
I take back what I said in an earlier comment about age. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind having a g/f who was 15 years younger, as long as she is mature. Besides, I find some adults quite boring, so maybe I'd have more in common with a young lady before she gets old and dull. The best part is she'll still look good when I'm 50.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:12 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
I take back what I said in an earlier comment about age. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind having a g/f who was 15 years younger, as long as she is mature. Besides, I find some adults quite boring, so maybe I'd have more in common with a young lady before she gets old and dull. The best part is she'll still look good when I'm 50.
Ditto,

I have read several of your comments on different threads, and even responded to you. But I am without words at this moment. You must be very young. You should read what you write before you post it. Otherwise, some might think you arrogant.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:16 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Ditto,

I have read several of your comments on different threads, and even responded to you. But I am without words at this moment. You must be very young. You should read what you write before you post it. Otherwise, some might think you arrogant.
Arrogant definitely, or perhaps just ignorant of what is acceptable to say. Of course this is a pretty much an anonymous forum. So, Ditto can say whatever he wants to say. And I'm all for free speech, the only thing that bugs me is when a post is contradictory or hypocritical. Other than that...post away!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:32 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Arrogant definitely, or perhaps just ignorant of what is acceptable to say. Of course this is a pretty much an anonymous forum. So, Ditto can say whatever he wants to say. And I'm all for free speech, the only thing that bugs me is when a post is contradictory or hypocritical. Other than that...post away!
I'll agree with the young part. That's really obvious.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:02 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,136 times
I told a good friend of mine about the age difference between my girlfriend and her boyfriend, and he was appalled! That's what I'm asking....even though they are consenting adults, he doesn't see it as pedophilia, although just a year ago she would have been "legally" off-limits.

Who decides what is wrong or right in that aspect?

Is the dude a bad guy? Probably not.

But, let the girl do her thing, she should find something before she "settles."

Any female around the age of 18 may think she knows it all, but honey, she does not.

Not even a little bit.

*speaking of a different couple than original post*

Old 01-26-2008, 08:09 AM

10 posts, read 37,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
A friend of mine with whom I recently became reaquainted after losing touch for a year or two begrudgingly revealed to me that she was involved with a much older man. She is 32 (but her appearance is so youthful that she still gets carded), and he is 65. I say begrudgingly because, I suppose, since we hadn't spoken in a while, perhaps she thought I would judge her unfairly or harshly, which was not the case. To each her own, whatever floats your boat [insert desired cliche here].

Anyway, my question here is about judgment; since I know this particular woman, I am aware of certain issues that she has. Therefore, I know she is not a "gold-digger" or any other negative stereotype that some might place on a younger woman who dates a much older man. I know she definitely has concerns about being "taken care of," but I mean that as in emotionally, not financially. So, regardless of my friend in particular, as a whole, how does society view a woman dating a man that much older than her?

Out of curiosity: if you saw a woman walking down the street with a man who could perhaps be as old as her father, older uncle, or even grandfather, what would you think if you saw them holding hands and kissing romantically?
I just wonder how the general public views this kind of relationship.
TO OLD OR NOT TO OLD?
There use to be a time when this use to be a no no .To see a young girl with a older man was like something to talk about over the dinner table.With the times .Everything changes.Some young girs want a father figure to be in love with .some want a gentle older man to treat them with respect that younger men wont show them,but then again there"s those who just want the easy life.and dig for the gold .The older guys want that young company.and in return they are willing to give all they got in the end time for a little happiness.Fair trade you take care of me now, and I will take care of you later.So you ask if this is right .As long as the agreement is mutual Whats wrong with it? If you are a lagal age do what your heart wills you too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships