Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 07:06 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Her siblings are in their late 20's early 30's.
Why do they need a chauffeur?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 07:13 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,757,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why do they need a chauffeur?
They don't drive. Either because they can't afford a car or because their cars are broken down.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
They don't drive. Either because they can't afford a car or because their cars are broken down.
Doesn't their mom have a car? Don't those people work?

Old 12-09-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Doesn't their mom have a car? Don't those people work?
Her mom doesn't drive. And yes, most of them work.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:32 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,771,178 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to be a control freak. I'm concerned about the baby and my fiancé health.
Wow despite the harsh words being spewed at you, I think you sound like a wonderful guy and soon to be great Dad. You are right that she could wear herself too thin. It may end up her being on bed rest for the last half of her pregnancy if she doesn't start saying no. Don't heed the advice from these people entirely, you know what is best and if you need a professional opinion, ask the nurses and doctors next time you go to the obgyn with her and see what their take is. Most medical professionals are going to say sloooowww down. It's better to prevent burn out than for it to happen. Keep being supportive, you're doing great!

Old 12-09-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Her mom doesn't drive. And yes, most of them work.
Do any of them live with their mom?

They work, but they don't want to fix their car? Or they can't afford to? Why does your fiancee "owe" them? These people are going to run her ragged. Already are, it sounds like.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:45 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
So fiancé is now 8 weeks pregnant. Her semester just ended and she said it is time to focus on her family and give them her time now ( until school resumes in January). Her dad is still in the hospital and she feels as though she owes her family her time and attention. This basically means picking up her dads responsibility. Basically it means she is now the family taxi cab. Taking them to work, run errands, etc. between work, school (still has online courses) and playing taxi, she has zero days of relaxation. Constantly on the move. I am worried that this is putting too much stress on both her and the baby and I'm thinking that now it's time for me to intervene. I need her to have down time. Next semester is going to be crazy with her internship and her 18 credit hours, so she needs to take this time for herself and relax. Is it my place to step in and try and talk reason to her? I'm worried about the pregnancy and possible miscarriage due to her over stressing.

She is pregnant, not getting chemotherapy. You do realize that plenty of women do aerobics, lift weights, and continue to have normal lives while they are pregnant, right?

And what is this with you needing her to have down time?

Once again, I question your sense of boundaries. The doctor's appointment. The last name. The classmate calling too late. Now this. Nope, not seeing your posts in a vacuum. You are coming across as really overbearing and disrespectful of her autonomy.

It is not your place to "intervene." She is a grown woman. Stop trying to control every thing she does or you will find yourself alone.

My good grief, if I had to deal with this constant hovering, I'd get an abortion and leave you. Really. You're suffocating the poor woman--or at least trying to get public approval to try.

I put it to you that if you have to ask so many questions of this nature of a million strangers on the internet, not only are you not ready to be a father, you're not ready to be married.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Do any of them live with their mom?

They work, but they don't want to fix their car? Or they can't afford to? Why does your fiancee "owe" them? These people are going to run her ragged. Already are, it sounds like.
A couple of the siblings live at home. Don't know why they can't or don't want to drive. I know one of them lost their drivers license.

Old 12-09-2014, 07:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
I'm really not trying to offend you here - honestly - but can I ask why you keep coming on here instead of dealing with these things with your fiancee? You keep starting all these threads about your issues with her when you should really be keeping it between the two of you. Why do you need us? If you really plan on marrying her and you plan on making this relationship work - you need to be able to communicate with her directly. We are not in your relationship. You are going to make mistakes. You two will probably fight. You will probably go about things in the wrong way. And because of that - it will help you find the right way to go about things with her. With HER. Every person is unique - we can't tell you how to have a relationship with her. You need to find out for yourself.

But I will say that if you feel that your fiancee is really stressed out - telling her what you think she can and can't do probably isn't going to ease the stress. It will only add to it.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:25 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post deleted).

You get the same advice with every question you ask about your relationships...stop trying to control her life. Do you not understand the message?

She is an adult and adults make their own decisions.
She has told you more than once that she's independent yet you continually disrespect her wishes.
You come to a forum asking questions that you should be discussing with your girlfriend.
Every post you make gives people the impression this relationship is all about your need to control the actions of another person.

Unless your girlfriend is doing something dangerous to her or the baby's health, back off and let her live her life how she wants, whether you approve of it or not. If you don't she'll get tired of your behaviour and you won't have a relationship at all...and she might not even allow you to see your kid either. Controlling someone is borderline abuse. Be careful about stepping over the line.

And newsflash here, pregnancy is not an illness and pregnant women do not need mollycoddling or wrapped in cotton wool.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-10-2014 at 09:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships