Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 04:54 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Maybe I'm going to the wrong type of bars?
Maybe you should look for women somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 05:29 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,207 times
Bars are the WORST place to meet women.

Try to involve yourself in charities, a language course, sports, voluntary work, big brother stuff, do some mentoring for children or coaching, if you are a christian go to church and involve yourself on something...THEN you will find quality women.

Women usually go to bars to vent over boyfriends, exes, most of the time they aren't in the mood to really meet somebody new. Specially if they are in a pack.

Sure, you can be a "love kamikaze" and try to pick one up at a bar, and maybe you will get lucky...but isn't my style. I prefer to do the "hunt" more straightforward: one on one.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:38 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
They believed it was hard enough to get a "date" without having people jump in and protect the drunk or drugged women from a guy who was going to "get lucky". Their response alone would have deterred women from going to the bar alone.
Well...tell the lady to not get that "drunk" in the first place. I'm no puritan but a drunk woman is not that charming...specially if she is on her late thirties. Leave the booze thing for the college years. I don't mind a woman drinking alcohol, but I'm sure women hate a drunk as well.

Usually women blame us men for taking advantage of a drunk woman but I like women with a little bit of "self control".

Old 12-10-2014, 05:44 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post
Well...tell the lady to not get that "drunk" in the first place. I'm no puritan but a drunk woman is not that charming...specially if she is on her late thirties. Leave the booze thing for the college years. I don't mind a woman drinking alcohol, but I'm sure women hate a drunk as well.

Usually women blame us men for taking advantage of a drunk woman but I like women with a little bit of "self control".

Women don't get taken advantage of when they're too drunk. They just make poor decisions when they're drunk and regret it. That's not rape, it's simply poor decision making. Just like a guy is stupid if he even gets involved with a dumb woman like that.

The line is drawn when the woman is so drunk that she can't function or is passed out.. then the guy deserves jail time.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:49 AM

619 posts, read 651,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2014 View Post

Interesting idea...You think I'm supposed to police women I don't know at bars to tell them not to get that drunk, before they start drinking. Why...exactly would I do that when I'm there to hang out with my own friends? Also, I don't think I've ever purchased a drink and thought, "I'm going to be SOOO charming tonight if I get hammered".

And in these cases, it was obvious the woman, drunk or not, was in distress when she was pulling away and saying, "no, I don't want to go with you"...but hey, I guess we can't blame men for dragging them to the door since it was their own fault for getting drunk or getting roofied.
^^^that was sarcasm, FYI.

I get personal responsibility and I agree with the concept, which is why we have a group we go with and always have one designated non-drinker. I wouldn't blame a guy that met a somewhat intoxicated female, while he, himself was also intoxicated and they both decided to leave together. That was not what was described in the situation I mentioned. Take it as you wish.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:54 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
When I was in college, there was a party theme called "Red Light, Green Light" where partygoers would wear either red (taken), yellow ("it's complicated") or green (single). It certainly makes things way more efficient. It's a complete waste of time if I talk to a woman for 1 hour at the bar, only to later hear her slip in a reference about her boyfriend.
Well there's your problem right there. Never talk to a random girl for an hour at a bar. Have a bunch of quick conversations, work the room. After you do that you'll know which girls are most into you and then you take your pick.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:11 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
Bars are terrible for meeting women. I dated a lot when I was young but never met anyone in a bar, and I spent a fair amount of time in bars in my youth. School was the best for me. You'd have more luck taking some kind of class that was popular with women.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:26 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I never go to bars. From what I've heard, the women who are there act mean and act like they don't want to be talked too. Also, they tend to be skanks.

You've heard wrong. Very, very, wrong.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:26 AM

13,654 posts, read 9,711,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Only one girl in our group is not opposed to hooking up with a guy she doesn't know, but she does have criteria for a booty-call. Interestingly to me, she doesn't have that same physical criteria for a relationship...she lowers her physical standards a good deal for a guy that can satisfy her humor and mental ideals.

Single girls, by themselves, are prey in bars....
This begs a different question: why is the intention to "hook up" or any other form of temporary intimate engagement? My apologies for being naive, but what if the man's intention is to.... look for a wife? Why necessarily should the meeting in a bar end withe the couple going to somebody's house? Instead, the objective may simply be to exchange an e-mail address, and then to spend 2 weeks writing to each other.

If it were understood that a bar is merely a place to make mutual introductions, bars wouldn't have their louche and nefarious reputation. Problem solved - for both men, and women.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:29 AM

678 posts, read 697,787 times
for all you guys complaining your probably the main ones who dont pick up women the right way!!! its not about them being mean its about what you say!!!! i continue to tell people to read josh pellicers' book but no one listens!!! the answers are all in the BOOK!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships