Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 11:30 PM

615 posts, read 725,878 times

Advertisements

The large majority of women I see at the bars are with a group or are with their boyfriend (or waiting for him to arrive). Maybe I'm going to the wrong type of bars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 11:41 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
That settles it!

I'm starting a pub where single women have to sit at a pedestal pub style table, by themselves. If they don't want to sit, they either have be holding a sign, or wearing certain coloured clothing denoting their status.

And no standing in groups of more than three!

Last edited by Magnatomicflux; 12-09-2014 at 11:50 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 11:48 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
I never go to bars. From what I've heard, the women who are there act mean and act like they don't want to be talked too. Also, they tend to be skanks.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:49 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Just because they are in a group doesn't mean they aren't single.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:49 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
The large majority of women I see at the bars are with a group or are with their boyfriend (or waiting for him to arrive). Maybe I'm going to the wrong type of bars?
How do you know all the women in the group are married or attached? How do you know that guy is the boyfriend?

Are you actually talking to these women or just assuming?

I suppose in your perfect world, women would go into bars alone and sit by themselves. In that case you might try upscale hotels that cater to businessmen. But make sure you have some cash on you.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
That settles it!

I'm starting a pub where single women have to sit at a pedestal pub style table, by themselves. OR, either have be holding a sign, or maybe even wearing certain coloured clothing denoting their status.
When I was in college, there was a party theme called "Red Light, Green Light" where partygoers would wear either red (taken), yellow ("it's complicated") or green (single). It certainly makes things way more efficient. It's a complete waste of time if I talk to a woman for 1 hour at the bar, only to later hear her slip in a reference about her boyfriend.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
How do you know all the women in the group are married or attached? How do you know that guy is the boyfriend?

Are you actually talking to these women or just assuming?

I suppose in your perfect world, women would go into bars alone and sit by themselves. In that case you might try upscale hotels that cater to businessmen. But make sure you have some cash on you.
Why would I need cash on me?

Old 12-09-2014, 11:52 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
I'm not a single man and I don't really like bars regardless... but my brother has absolutely 0 issue meeting babes at the bars. He's got a different story every week.

Maybe you should change where you go

Old 12-09-2014, 11:56 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,424,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
When I was in college, there was a party theme called "Red Light, Green Light" where partygoers would wear either red (taken), yellow ("it's complicated") or green (single). It certainly makes things way more efficient. It's a complete waste of time if I talk to a woman for 1 hour at the bar, only to later hear her slip in a reference about her boyfriend.

Well, go raid some college parties then. It doesn't work like that in the real world.

Unless I start my pub, of course.

If you're not willing to put in the time to get to know someone, regardless of the outcome, you have no right to complain. Not every single woman at the bar is looking to get picked up, either. So you should consider that, as well. The "my boyfriend" slip-in could be an easy way of keeping you and your hormones in check, and save everyone the trouble/hurt of a direct rejection.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:15 AM

619 posts, read 651,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I never go to bars. From what I've heard, the women who are there act mean and act like they don't want to be talked too. Also, they tend to be skanks.
=c) You don't go to bars...how can you be an authority on their skank-level?

I have a girl's night-out about once a month and the group ranges from 4-10 women and at some point during the night, we'll probably hit a bar (or 5). I've never witnessed any of us being mean to anyone, even when a guy believes he should join us (which isn't exactly what we're looking for), we're courteous. We are, specifically, there to hang out with each other.

Only one girl in our group is not opposed to hooking up with a guy she doesn't know, but she does have criteria for a booty-call. Interestingly to me, she doesn't have that same physical criteria for a relationship...she lowers her physical standards a good deal for a guy that can satisfy her humor and mental ideals.

Single girls, by themselves, are prey in bars. They run the risk of getting roofied or if they've had too much to drink, of having some guy happily trying to pull her to the door so she can be "safe" at his house. Often times, people intervene here...I know we have. I mentioned this once before on another forum and was actually shocked at how offended many of the men were by our interference. They believed it was hard enough to get a "date" without having people jump in and protect the drunk or drugged women from a guy who was going to "get lucky". Their response alone would have deterred women from going to the bar alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships