Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 07:46 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times

Advertisements

I met number 32 last night. He is nice, tall, thin, financially responsible, non smoker, excellent job and owns his house. He is 3 years younger than me, never been married and has no kids.

We met for coffee and sat for an hour chit chatting. I should think he is a great catch, yet for some reason I was not super into him. He is not good looking, kind of balding. I did agree to go out to lunch with him this weekend.

What is wrong with me? Why am I not attracted to him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 07:50 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Someone can be a great individual, but you just have no spark or chemistry with them.

That said, another date or two doesn't hurt for you to get to know them better and be sure you have no spark with them. Yet, sometimes, two great individuals just do not click in a romantic way.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Someone can be a great individual, but you just have no spark or chemistry with them.

That said, another date or two doesn't hurt for you to get to know them better and be sure you have no spark with them. Yet, sometimes, two great individuals just do not click in a romantic way.
I am going to give it a couple dates. I seem to remember not being attracted to my ex at first either.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:08 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Give it a bit time but before the friendzoning starts.

I had a few dates this year with AWESOME guys. Everything seemed great.. I tried hard to be attracted to them, because they were cute and had their shyte together. However, it just did not happen. Can't like em all. That's normal.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:13 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Physical attraction and emotional attraction are different things. It is entirely possible to click with someone and have no physical attraction at all.

It is also possible to meet someone who ticks all the boxes of what should be considered a "good catch" but to have no interest in that person either.

The trick in relationships is to find a person who ticks all your boxes. Emotionally - physically - AND in terms of being a "good catch" for what you want in a relationship.

If you compromise by jumping at someone who fills one or two of these but not all three - then it may end up being a mistake - and there may be a reason your ex is just that. An ex.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Physical attraction and emotional attraction are different things. It is entirely possible to click with someone and have no physical attraction at all.

It is also possible to meet someone who ticks all the boxes of what should be considered a "good catch" but to have no interest in that person either.

The trick in relationships is to find a person who ticks all your boxes. Emotionally - physically - AND in terms of being a "good catch" for what you want in a relationship.

If you compromise by jumping at someone who fills one or two of these but not all three - then it may end up being a mistake - and there may be a reason your ex is just that. An ex.
He is an ex because he left me for another woman. He was always unhappy. He was unhappy with her to and is now on his 3rd engagement in 5 months.

I was happy in the relationship. He was sometimes.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:29 AM

117 posts, read 142,129 times
Out of the loop here...what´s 'number 32'?

Also, attraction isn´t a rational thing, a person having his/her shyte together is not a guarantee for attraction..it just 'happens'.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:30 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
He is an ex because he left me for another woman. He was always unhappy. He was unhappy with her to and is now on his 3rd engagement in 5 months.

I was happy in the relationship. He was sometimes.
Somehow I was afraid you might respond to the closing words in my post - rather than the main content of the post. I returned to edit that last bit out - but you had already replied.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:28 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I met number 32 last night. He is nice, tall, thin, financially responsible, non smoker, excellent job and owns his house. He is 3 years younger than me, never been married and has no kids.

We met for coffee and sat for an hour chit chatting. I should think he is a great catch, yet for some reason I was not super into him. He is not good looking, kind of balding. I did agree to go out to lunch with him this weekend.

What is wrong with me? Why am I not attracted to him?
A close friend of mine was in a situation identical to yours. She asked my advice, and I talked her into going on date #2 with him. A few months ago, they celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:37 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
You kind of remind me of myself and a situation I am in.

My family keeps telling me to go for this guy who has a crush on me, he's successful, will do anything for me, no kids, never been married, and we are similar in personalities. The thing is I am not attracted to him in the least. I just see him as a great friend.

We have hung out together several times, but when I try to see him in a romantic light...I feel awkward and uncomfortable. So I know I don't like him. Like another poster said great qualities don't always guarantee you'll like the person. They are more like icing on the cake of something much bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships