Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2014, 02:15 PM

90 posts, read 78,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
In all seriousness, if you trimmed your neck beard (so it was neat), and pulled your hair back into some high and tight pony tail thing (not sure what it's called), you'd probably kill it. I see dudes like that around here with nice looking ladies all the time. I think it's that Jared Leto appeal or something.

Like this; you could probably pull this off:
I think you're referring to a man-bun. I pony it pretty often. Mix things up. I'm actually probably going to get it cut into an undercut. And I do keep my neck area trimmed up... Maybe it was a little due for some shaping when I snapped that pic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 02:15 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
In all seriousness, if you trimmed your neck beard (so it was neat), and pulled your hair back into some high and tight pony tail thing (not sure what it's called), you'd probably kill it. I see dudes like that around here with nice looking ladies all the time. I think it's that Jared Leto appeal or something.

Like this; you could probably pull this off:
I know a guy who looks like that, but he wears his ponytail down and is blond, and he was in great demand before he got married. Very together career-wise, too.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:18 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,207,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAD_straKt View Post
I think you're referring to a man-bun. I pony it pretty often. Mix things up. I'm actually probably going to get it cut into an undercut. And I do keep my neck area trimmed up... Maybe it was a little due for some shaping when I snapped that pic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know a guy who looks like that, but he wears his ponytail down and is blond, and he was in great demand before he got married. Very together career-wise, too.
Where I live now, the rugged look (longer hair, beard) IS in and always has been as far as I know. Of course, I'm blessed with wretched genetics that will, at most, allow me to grow in a cheesy looking goatee. I can't grow in a full beard to save my life. At least when I have the goatee though, I don't look 17 anymore.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Man, what am I doing wrong... LOL. My career is pretty on point as well.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:21 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post

Ages 35-45, no height, ethnicity, income, hair (though not attracted to redheads), eye or religious requirement for me, but I did answer that I would not be willing to date someone who put God first. HS education minimum, non-smoker, non-drugs, preferred average, fit or athletic body type. OKC kept showing men in the "You Might Like" section who either looked like toothpicks (if I wanted to feel like I was hugging a 2x4, I'd just go to Lowe's) or men who were very overweight.

Reading is big for me too. I don't care what he reads, as long as it's something. Traveling is also big for me. Over the summer, I went to a speed dating event for ages 30-45 and about 1/2 of the 17 men I met were ski-loving engineers who hated to or were "through" with travel. One said he'd be willing to do it if it was a deal breaker, however.
LOLOL!

Good to see you, NW Girl. I hope you're doing well. I see you still have your sense of humor.

It's surprising how many men don't like to travel. I taught an informal class on women's solo travel, and a lot of the women in each class would say how the men in their lives hated travel, and refused to go anywhere. I don't know what that's about. Who knew that travel was more of a women's thing?

Old 12-12-2014, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAD_straKt View Post
Man, what am I doing wrong... LOL. My career is pretty on point as well.
Truth be told, it might be where you live. Is Phoenix really known for having a youthful dating scene? Forget Scottsdale. What's the average age? 72?

Old 12-12-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Truth be told, it might be where you live. Is Phoenix really known for having a youthful dating scene? Forget Scottsdale. What's the average age? 72?
I live in Scottsdale because I work in Scottsdale. I don't hang out up here.

There's a pretty decent pocket of alternative/hipster/art/muso crowds. First Friday, Casey Moore's, The Crescent Ballroom, Coffee Rush, Cartel, etc.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:46 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,173,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I hate beards. Go figure...
Me, too. I can't wait until this Civil War, hipster stuff goes away. I dated one guy with facial hair, a very neatly trimmed Evil Spock goatee, and that was it. He was freakish about keeping it neat, too, and would never let the mustache hair get long enough to touch his lips. He grew a full, but short, beard one winter and I could not wait for him to shave his cheeks again so I could see his nice skin and jaw. So many guys walking around hiding gorgeous faces behind what looks like overgrown pubic hair that could house three families of barn swallows.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Me, too. I can't wait until this Civil War, hipster stuff goes away. I dated one guy with facial hair, a very neatly trimmed Evil Spock goatee, and that was it. He was freakish about keeping it neat, too, and would never let the mustache hair get long enough to touch his lips. He grew a full, but short, beard one winter and I could not wait for him to shave his cheeks again so I could see his nice skin and jaw. So many guys walking around hiding gorgeous faces behind what looks like overgrown pubic hair that could house three families of barn swallows.
Hey, it's your gender that eats them up. I've gotten so many 'I like your beard' comments since I grew it out. I haven't been completed on anything other than a shirt in years.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I think it depends on where you live. In the Rocky Mountain region, the "rugged, flannel shirt-wearing Beardy McBeardsley" look is considered attractive by many of the women here (I personally don't get it). There are a lot of organic granola-eating hipsters that live around here though. I don't think the look is as popular on either of the coasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships