Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 06:08 PM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Women have the same thing. If your bestie is fighting with her partner...we diss that rat (within a set of parameters so when she loves him again, she's not mad at you for dissing her man). Or how you'll never poach on a guy that your friend likes. Or if an ex of a friend, regardless of how long ago they broke up, is interested in you, it's against the code to be with them.

I only experienced a female friend cheating on her husband who was also my friend once. I didn't necessarily break the code, but he was getting ready to come back from Iraq and I couldn't tell him while he was there...so friends got together for a surprise for his wife, knowing her boyfriend would be there. He guessed before we got back to the house. We manipulated ourselves out of the code for that one.
Yep, that would describe it well. It's your support group. Men and women do this, friends and family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 08:14 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
Guy code for us has always been more about not banging someone's ex.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:18 PM

52,274 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
That's pretty much it... and it wasn't even delinated as such, it was just something that was understood.

I don't remember any of this "bro's before ho's" stuff that I think that the OP is talking about.........

Old 12-12-2014, 08:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
You don't do it.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:38 AM

406 posts, read 283,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Sounds like a 'bro' thing. Not something grown men would do. If you have friends that need to be 'covered', they are fools and why would one want to be friends with a fool?
Your username interests me....... No one likes a "snitch"......

That is pretty standard across ANY close knit circles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnITJDoi2Xg

Old 12-13-2014, 11:40 AM

406 posts, read 283,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Post Quite Frequently View Post
No you are not in the minority, most, if not all, guys I know are like this. There are a apparently a bunch of neck beard virgins who think snitching is cool. Then they wonder why they can "never get a date."

It's not cool.....you'll get your ass tore up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve8sNTqrzCw

Old 12-13-2014, 02:32 PM

336 posts, read 442,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I've always tried to figure why you men have this so called pledge of the guy code.

Why do you cover for each other?
The most thing that stands out in this Guy Code is covering for a buddy cheating on his women.

Maybe the guy code is just a myth, just wondering.
I'll be honest, I stick to it because 1. It's their relationship and not my business and 2. I don't want to have to deal with any backlash from it and 3. It's my friend and I don't hurt my friends. They know that what they are doing is wrong, I don't need to tell them that.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:24 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
I've always tried to figure why you men have this so called pledge of the guy code.

Why do you cover for each other?
The most thing that stands out in this Guy Code is covering for a buddy cheating on his women.

Maybe the guy code is just a myth, just wondering.
We are no different than women who know their GF's are cheating on their husbands and do nothing

Good case of the hypocrisy on this forum. If a man posted this he would be call a misogynist.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:30 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
Men and women cover for their friends, when cheating is involved. When my ex wife was cheating on me, all of her girl friends knew about it, and didn't say a single word to me. It's just something friends do. No code involved.
I think it has to do with, "It's none of my business what my friend's relationship is with husband/wife, thus I will not get involved." It's not about covering up something or a loyalty code at all.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:05 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
A lot of responses "it's not my business" "I mind my own business"

Interesting.
Nothing wrong with that, just interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships