Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 01:44 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Wish I could answer better, but I think I am oblivious to flirting. The only reason I know someone flirted with me (the last time) was because my friend said so (and I still doubt that she's right). This was several months ago.

Anyway, I was with my friend at a museum, we just left the museum and were on the street heading towards the metro when a solider stopped me on the sidewalk and asked if I knew of any place in the area to eat. So I gave him a few suggestions. He then proceed to walk with us and tell me all about himself, where he was from, how he's new to the area, how it was a pretty day, etc, etc, etc. I chit chatted with him for a while and eventually we parted ways at the metro station.

She insists he was flirting/hitting on me. From my perspective, he was just being polite and was new to the area and making friendly conversation. Nothing about what he said had the least bit romantic hint or tease to it at all.

See, this kind of thing (random men talking to me) happens all the time. Especially in the elevator at my office building. But it's just small talk like above and I don't think of it as flirting, but I think some people do. I just figure I tend to smile and say hello to everyone and it breaks the ice for people to be friendly back... and it's nothing more than that. So I don't know.
It's flirting, but it's mild flirting. It could be just being friendly and talkative. It depends if he's like that with everyone.

If a guy just chats up almost everyone, then maybe it wasn't flirting. If it's just you, and/or other attractive women, then maybe he was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 01:44 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
When was the last time someone flirted with you?

What did they say to you? Can someone flirt without using words?
My ex-girlfriend and it was a few months ago. She smiled at me and sat next to me and asked me if I was doing anything later on. A random guy told me she's flirting with you lol.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:47 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
If so I miss it or I don't pay any attention to it.

Old 12-12-2014, 02:59 PM

408 posts, read 722,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I usually have to have a woman flirt hard with me before I will notice it, but it has been happening a lot lately.

A potential client told me 2 days ago that I looked a little stressed out and if I was not married she would have to take me to her place for stress relief.

An advertising executive has been openly flirting with me for the last 2 months, but she is only trying to get a paycheck I would assume.

On Monday a waitress at a restaurant I frequent was hitting on me hard enough that the guys I was eating with noticed it, she came up behind me and gave me a shoulder message and asked me why all the great guys like me are married.

I ran into a couple of ladies I went to high school with at an event Saturday night, they happened to be placed at the same table I was placed with my wife. The entire dinner they ignored my wife, and had a long conversation about how the nice quiet guys always seem to mature and be so good looking a few years later, one even asked me why I never asked her out in high school, and was making both myself and her husband uncomfortable with how hard she was staring at me and the way she kept trying to accidentally touch me.

Now some of it is I think many women know that I love my wife and refuse to cheat so I am safe, others I think are pretty serious but who really knows since I do not even bother to try to go further.
Jesus... somehow I imagine guys who are single don't get hit on like this.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:06 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I usually have to have a woman flirt hard with me before I will notice it, but it has been happening a lot lately.

A potential client told me 2 days ago that I looked a little stressed out and if I was not married she would have to take me to her place for stress relief.

An advertising executive has been openly flirting with me for the last 2 months, but she is only trying to get a paycheck I would assume.

On Monday a waitress at a restaurant I frequent was hitting on me hard enough that the guys I was eating with noticed it, she came up behind me and gave me a shoulder message and asked me why all the great guys like me are married.

I ran into a couple of ladies I went to high school with at an event Saturday night, they happened to be placed at the same table I was placed with my wife. The entire dinner they ignored my wife, and had a long conversation about how the nice quiet guys always seem to mature and be so good looking a few years later, one even asked me why I never asked her out in high school, and was making both myself and her husband uncomfortable with how hard she was staring at me and the way she kept trying to accidentally touch me.

Now some of it is I think many women know that I love my wife and refuse to cheat so I am safe, others I think are pretty serious but who really knows since I do not even bother to try to go further.
Geez, bro, do you look like Channing Tatum or something?

Old 12-12-2014, 03:12 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
several years ago. Sorry I don't count internet or married women, it's easy to mask real feelings over the internet.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:50 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
I think in my case, it was a subconscious flirt.
Went into an arts and crafts shop. A woman waited on me. I was asking questions about paint, she was constantly running her hand through her hair, brushing it back one side, then the other, while she was speaking with me. There was a small boy there, about 6 years old (her son, I suppose), watching.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:03 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Yeah right. Every guy in Loveland drives a fancy giant pickup truck, has two Labrador retrievers and is totally ripped from cycling uphill through the Poudre Canyon...
Actually I sold the fancy pickup a few months ago, my kids are allergic to dogs, and I am one of the few that refuses to cycle any more than riding around the neighborhood with the kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
Jesus... somehow I imagine guys who are single don't get hit on like this.
If I got hit on this much when I was single I would probably not have been married as she was already pretty worried about some of the offers I used to get back then, but as I said half of it is that women figure since I am married and stay loyal to my wife than I am safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Geez, bro, do you look like Channing Tatum or something?
Nope, I am 6'5" but other than that I am pretty average, overweight, drive an old beater car. I grew up around women some of which were very attractive so I do not get stupid around women very often, plus I do own my own business, and I do not even bother to try to hit on women which I am told all add considerably to my appeal.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:07 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times
I honestly can't remember. It's been quite a long time.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:32 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,115 times
i have no idea if someone's flirting with me. Im totally oblivious to it. They were a few women who were looking at me, and when i looked at them back, they immediately broke eye contact. I caught them a couple of times. I was actually looking decent and well groomed so I don't think they were criticizing my appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships