Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 01:27 AM

6 posts, read 12,576 times

Advertisements

I have a question for the older ladies. Do you find that men your age appreciate what you have to offer or are they mostly going for younger women?

I've noticed that I don't get as much attention as I used to. I'm 45. Whenever I see men who are around my age hanging around with girls in their 20s it makes me wonder what they have that I don't.

I believe I have a lot to offer, such as :

Experience
My own house and car
A career
2 kids
Confidence

I'm more well rounded, experienced and confident than these young girls, so why is it that I'm mostly ignored these days? I honestly don't feel that I'm lacking in anything.

Old 07-23-2015, 02:05 AM

61,752 posts, read 87,217,162 times
Nope. Most men interested are younger than me. But I don't look my age either

To answer your question: Many older men don't want an older woman with house and carrier.
They want young, pretty chick they can impress

Old 07-23-2015, 02:12 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,195,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Nope. Most men interested are younger than me. But I don't look my age either

To answer your question: Many older men don't want an older woman with house and carrier.
They want young, pretty chick they can impress
Agreed here. The older guys want the younger women for vanity, then on top of that, they're easier to impress and thus less intimidating, and it gives them an ego boost to think they're better than all the young guys because the girls want them.

Now of course all that is not always the case. There are some older men who just happen to fall for a woman that may be younger. So, no offense to younger ladies who are seriously involved with an older man.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:41 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,242,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyspruen View Post
I have a question for the older ladies. Do you find that men your age appreciate what you have to offer or are they mostly going for younger women?

I've noticed that I don't get as much attention as I used to. I'm 45. Whenever I see men who are around my age hanging around with girls in their 20s it makes me wonder what they have that I don't.

I believe I have a lot to offer, such as :

Experience
My own house and car
A career
2 kids
Confidence

I'm more well rounded, experienced and confident than these young girls, so why is it that I'm mostly ignored these days? I honestly don't feel that I'm lacking in anything.
They arent buying a car, they are looking for a relationship. For a great time. Why in the world would you put down "2 kids"? You lost 90% of dating guys with that right there.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:53 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,531,937 times
I have a friend in her mid 40s who is VERY attractive and looks like she could easily be 10 years younger. Has a great personality, is classy, dresses well, just a very nice and successful woman, zero body fat, you get the picture. She never meets men her age who are interested in her. And she has a great personality, no kids, no baggage. But men in their mid 40s are not looking for an attractive and well accomplished woman their age. It kind of blows my mind. She works in a business that puts her in contact with successful men every day but she says they are either married or divorced and dating much younger women. I have tried to figure out what there might be about her that turns other guys off and cannot come up with anything. She's not needy, possesive, self centered or boring. She's a delight to be with. But her age is against her. Ageism is alive and well = so sad.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:55 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,195,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
They arent buying a car, they are looking for a relationship. For a great time. Why in the world would you put down "2 kids"? You lost 90% of dating guys with that right there.
I overlooked that. But yeah. How old are the 2 kids? If they're in their teens, you may be ok. But 2 younger kids would be a turn-off for older men. Some want their own kids, rather than a ready-made family. And some, being in 40s+ may not want kids at all at that point, and want a good time with just their partner. No responsibilities with children to raise, or help raise.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:01 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,465,484 times
The OP needs to stop being so ageist. If men are looking for younger women, then she needs to pay attention to the ones who are older than she is.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:04 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,681,610 times
When I was dating, I pretty much nixed the men with the children. I had dated one with a 6 year old, and a 19 year old. The 19 year old was constantly asking me for money (no, I didn't give her any), and asking me to buy her a car. That was a huge turn-off.
I was 41 then. I had a low paying job, $8.00 an hour, WITH my won teenager at home. Her father, probably had more $$ coming in on his disability than I did with my job income.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
The OP needs to stop being so ageist. If men are looking for younger women, then she needs to pay attention to the ones who are older than she is.
How am I being ageist? I said that men my own age aren't interested in me. If I was to go with a man older than me, wouldn't that make him (and me) ageist?

Old 07-23-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
The older guys want the younger women...they're easier to impress and thus less intimidating
Exactly. They want an easy life and they can't handle being challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships