Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 07:30 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,144,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree she is quite attractive. in fact i think she is eye candy. guys would become diabetic just looking at her.
Lets not get carried away now...she's just naturally quite pretty...but i wouldnt say i caught diabetes or stomach cancer, ebola etc. or any of all that looking at her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 07:51 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,640,387 times
There is absolutely nothing in your pictures that indicates that your appearance is remotely unfeminine.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:54 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,841,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Tomboys are put in the friendzone
Wrong. My childhood friend, the ultimate tomboy, is married and still attracts men like no tomorrow.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:10 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,888,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Lets not get carried away now...she's just naturally quite pretty...but i wouldnt say i caught diabetes or stomach cancer, ebola etc. or any of all that looking at her.
that is good, take what was a compliment, and completely screw it up. i see i still have a lot of work to do here.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:51 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,390,075 times
I don't think any woman needs to change herself for anyone, just as a man shouldn't.

If someone cannot accept you as you are, they just should not even have your consideration.

You change because you want to change. Not because some people say you need eye make-up or whatever else. Be yourself.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:57 PM

412 posts, read 546,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I have a pic on my profile. I don't think I'm that bad looking
No, you don't look bad at all.

I have a friend who always dresses in basketball shorts and t-shirts and has a boyfriend who adores her. She will dress up from time to time, but considers it a chore. There are guys who don't mind, I'm sure, you just have to find them and also take in to account the culture and gender expectations of the area you live in. Some places and people may have more traditional expectations of a woman.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:23 PM

833 posts, read 658,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I recently met a guy at a the networking event, we hit it off and went out the next day. Obviously, as it was a first date, I dressed nicely, sweater, nice jeans and boots. so we hung out again but I wore a long cardigan and chucks. Which is pretty much my "uniform". He made a comment oabout me not having any nice jewelry. I said no. (moreso bc I can't afford it, not because I don't like it ). I haven't gotten comments on my appearance from men in the past about being a plain Jane or a tomboy. I honestly feel like men are trying to change me to someone really feminine and girly. Are there men out there that are attracted to women that are tshirt and jeans, sports loving and not girly?
Trust me there are many many like me who cannot be bothered by girly girls.

I can't take girly nonsense. It must be a tomboy or I walk.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:29 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,199,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Wrong. My childhood friend, the ultimate tomboy, is married and still attracts men like no tomorrow.
Agreed. My tomboy friend was nowhere near girly, never wore any make-up, and only dressed in cute things when her mother nagged her. She had 2 boyfriends in HS, and I had none. And she didn't even seem to think about boys that often. She was never interested in talking about guys.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:32 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,734,019 times
I have a friend who is a tomboy. She's my polar opposite almost lol.

She's cute, loves sports, video games, etc. Guys LOVE her. She's also a bit of a girly girl. She does dress up a lot. But still you have nothing to worry about.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,640,387 times
My husband sees me putting on the dog a couple of times a year, usually for military balls, and it's fun to dress up when there's some sort of reason for a formal date. He busts out his dress uniform, I bust out the va-va-voom dresses.

Other than that? Jeans. They're what's for TabulaRasa.

I'm not especially tomboy-ish. I don't like 99% of sports, and then, only as a spectator, I have less than zero interest in video games...the only thing that could be considered vaguely tomboy-ish about me is that I enjoy being outdoors. But even then, I'm more likely to be lying on a beach blanket reading or planting stuff in the garden than I am rappelling or training for a marathon. I'm not ultra girly-girl, either. I'm just a comfortable, casual type. Girl next door (if you happen to live next door to an artsy bookworm) versus either vamp or one-of-the-guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships