Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 07:11 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

It's creepy and weird. In general women like men with balls. Use your big boy voice and speak to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 07:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
It's creepy and weird. In general women like men with balls. Use your big boy voice and speak to her.
I thought you were going to say something else since you went with women like men with balls.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:26 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevermirin View Post
There is this girl at my gym I find rather cute and has shown some signs of interest. However, I respect everyone's workout so I don't want to interrupt her workout. It's extremely difficult to find an appropriate time to approach her, but we have seen each other for almost two years now (at the gym). I think it would be uncomfortable to talk to someone at the gym as I don't like it when people do it to me. I know what car she drives and we have noticed each other before when she was in her car so it's not like I creeped on her. I was thinking about leaving the following message on her car:

"Hi, my name is XXX. I've been noticing you at the gym frequently; however, I don't want to interrupt your work out so I'm leaving you this note. You can reach me at XXX-XXX-XXXX. No pressure, I'd just love to get to know you."

Would you girls get creeped out if a guy did this to you or you wouldn't mind? Any suggestions if you disagree? I've read other forums and most say they find it respectful I don't want to interrupt her workout so they wouldn't mind. Obviously talking to her is better, but I figure most girls are insecure when they have no make up and are sweaty if a guy were to approach her.
Notes like this definitely creep me out.....
Most recent one was left on my car
tucked into the rear view mirror.... Last
winter I left work, drove a few minutes & saw it.....
Said he saw me while I was walking into work... He
felt he had to leave all his info....
I was totally creeped out.
Then again I've gotten those kind of notes
since I was literally 13 years old.
When will men learn--
Its creepy

Better to man up & say hello

Old 12-17-2014, 07:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forevermirin View Post
Some people like myself, take the gym very seriously. I don't have a problem with someone talking to me as long as it's short, but I get ticked off if someone just won't shut up. Adding on, I can imagine a girl will be insecure if a guy approached him if she was all sweaty from cardio.
if she doesnt want to be approached, she will let you know. otherwise take a chance man. nothing ventured nothing gained. if you dont like chatty people in the gym, the dont be a chatty person. keep any conversation with her short and sweet. a few sentences can say volumes, where as several paragraphs can say nothing.

as frederick the great said (i hope i get the spelling right) "la douce, la douce, du jour la douce".

Old 12-17-2014, 07:59 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,458,844 times
In the environment you've described leaving a note is not wise.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post32487465

You are in an environment that has many avenues to cross paths and introduce yourself, get her name, make small talk of some sort, and then in turn express interest by 'conveniently' finding a moment (or purposefully making one) to ask her to spend time together to get to know each other. It may seem easier said than done but here's an old post from same topic.

//www.city-data.com/forum/exerc...l#post30015162

Do not write women notes until after you've had a chance to meet them and are in a relationship. Then they find it (if you are reasonably literate eloquent and not crass) meaningful, memorable or plain antiquated, as in, "don't you have a mobile communication device?"

Old 12-18-2014, 11:20 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Well, I may be the lone dissenter here but....

I find notes intriguing - One of my very long term boyfriends started with an anonymous note in my locker. Yes, it was high school, but even after than I got notes, and I ALWAYS loved it. Having said that....

I do agree that it would be BEST if you could at least smile, and acknowledge her a few times before you do this, and hopefully briefly introduce yourself (at least first name) That way, she would probably have some idea who you are. I don't think your note idea sounds that bad at all, to me it does sound respectful. She may really appreciate it. The ball is then in her court. If she is interested she can make a point to approach you there. If she isn't, then it really isn't too bad of a rejection, IMO.

Well, just my .02 cents, a different POV!

Old 12-18-2014, 11:24 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
Quit the grade school tactics and go talk to her. Who cares if she turns you down and your ego gets bruised. Love is the only worthwhile risk you'll ever make. You'll never find love if you don't take the risk. Go for it.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:27 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
You don't have to approach her in the gym. If you drive to the gym, wait in your car for her when she's about to go to her car.
Get out and talk to her from there. Simple.
Oh man, don't do this. Ambushing a lone woman in a parking lot is no way to make a good impression.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:36 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Oh man, don't do this. Ambushing a lone woman in a parking lot is no way to make a good impression.
I agree, don't do that.

I would approch her in a public setting (right after she's done with her workout) it will make her feel a bit safer. The car approach can be frightening to most women.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:08 PM

285 posts, read 534,540 times
Talk to her in person! If some guy left a note on my car, honestly, it would probably scare me. It would make me think they were waiting around the parking lot or making note of what I drive to follow me home or something. I'm not generally paranoid like that, but since you see her inside the gym all the time, it would make me wonder why the person wouldn't just talk to me in there, and felt the need to go out into the parking lot and put a note on my vehicle. It would make me feel unsafe and wonder if the guy was a creeper, I might even find a different gym! I think it would be a lot nicer from a female perspective to just man up next time you see her and say "hey! I always see you around. I'm _____". Believe it or not, most women like when a man takes the initiative to strike up a conversation. Keep it short and sweet, smile or say hi when you see her around, and take it from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships