Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 12:14 PM

1,261 posts, read 692,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
And you know this how? I am bi and it's been my experience that when some men find out I am bi they think it's really "cool".... until we start dating and they become insecure about me sleeping with another girl.
Uh, you can't see why that is a problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 12:21 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,024,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rock View Post
I do agree that being bisexual is a real problem for most individuals. To me, its almost a curse. I mean, how come I cannot choose a side?? You might say, why choose, just be. But by not being able to choose and be happy with the choice, to me, you are stuck in sexual limbo and it effects the rest of your life choices.

I also don't think being bi means gay. I did once, but not anymore.

I'm just coming to terms with it. Besides, its not fair to have sex with men and women at the same time. Thats dangerous.

IMO....

Thank you for sharing hun. FWIW, I think it's harder for bisexual men to be visible. It is a challenge thoogh and there are many problems. Usually, I keep my bisexuality a secret if I'm dating a girl.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:28 PM

1,261 posts, read 692,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
Thank you for sharing hun. FWIW, I think it's harder for bisexual men to be visible. It is a challenge thoogh and there are many problems. Usually, I keep my bisexuality a secret if I'm dating a girl.

Its a true sector, IMO. Its no joke. I do actually think having ADHD can be a cause of this, IMO. I doubt anyone has done research on that....

Old 05-31-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:

Its a true sector, IMO. Its no joke. I do actually think having ADHD can be a cause of this, IMO. I doubt anyone has done research on that....
I don't think so. I just don't care about someone's gender, though I have my types and preferences and I tend to fluctuate between attraction to males or females. I hate the flux aspect, but to me it's no different to liking both blondes and brunettes.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:19 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
I'm bi and one of the annoying misconceptions is the notion that it doubles your chance of getting a date. First off, even many gay guys are leery of bi guys. I've had a boyfriend in the past, and I would assume that would be a big turn-off to girls who may have otherwise potentially been interested in me. I'm struggling with that idea, really, especially since I was pondering putting in a serious effort to find a girlfriend.

I'm really not terribly interested in casual sex, either. So there's another frequent lie. I just want a long-term, loving relationship. Whether that develops with a guy or girl... I could be happy either way.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I'm bi and one of the annoying misconceptions is the notion that it doubles your chance of getting a date. First off, even many gay guys are leery of bi guys. I've had a boyfriend in the past, and I would assume that would be a big turn-off to girls who may have otherwise potentially been interested in me. I'm struggling with that idea, really, especially since I was pondering putting in a serious effort to find a girlfriend.

I'm really not terribly interested in casual sex, either. So there's another frequent lie. I just want a long-term, loving relationship. Whether that develops with a guy or girl... I could be happy either way.

I'd imagine that if you wanted to date a gay man, you'd almost be better off hiding your bisexuality. It sucks, but it is what is. If I were single and wanted to date a woman, I'd say I was a lesbian.

Old 05-31-2015, 08:21 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
Uh, you can't see why that is a problem?
How is it any different than a woman being worried that her hetero boyfriend might start sleeping with another woman? Insecure people will be insecure, regardless of sexual orientation.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:09 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
I'm of that age demographic and I don't now anyone who fakes their sexuakity to get attention.
You clearly know almost nobody and have never ever been to a party then. My girlfriend and I know TONS of girls like this! Heck, tons of girls I have known even admit to kissing girls for attention and would never do it in private just because guys love to see that. You need to get out more!

PS: who cares if your girlfriend does stuff with other girls? I don't care about that! That's not cheating if she's a girl. Wouldn't bother me at all.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
You clearly know almost nobody and have never ever been to a party then. My girlfriend and I know TONS of girls like this! Heck, tons of girls I have known even admit to kissing girls for attention and would never do it in private just because guys love to see that. You need to get out more!

PS: who cares if your girlfriend does stuff with other girls? I don't care about that! That's not cheating if she's a girl. Wouldn't bother me at all.
I do get out quite a bit, but then again I don't have many straight friends, so perhaps I'm not the best person to comment.

My partner is male anyway but we have discussed an open relationship in which I can date a girl.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:38 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post

Huh? That is effectively saying lesbian sex isn't "real sex".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships