Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 10:06 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
The good thing about women who can't pursue on their own is no matter how hot they are if you pursue them you know you are in their small pool of possible choices
Agreed. This is why I'm glad that it's still somewhat taboo for women to pursue. If all women pursued men, they would only go for the top 20% looks-wise. The rest of us would have even less options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 10:23 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Agreed. This is why I'm glad that it's still somewhat taboo for women to pursue. If all women pursued men, they would only go for the top 20% looks-wise. The rest of us would have even less options.
Not true. The women I've seen who pursue guys go for the plain, average, and even nerdy-looking ones. A couple of the women were very attractive, a couple were plain Janes. All knew the kind of guy who'd have LTR potential. In other words, they went for character, not flashy looks. You're thinking like a guy if you say they'll only go for the top 20%. Many women don't think that way, they don't go for the classically good-looking ones.

The better you understand women, the better your chances of finding one for a successful relationship.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:30 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Not true. The women I've seen who pursue guys go for the plain, average, and even nerdy-looking ones. A couple of the women were very attractive, a couple were plain Janes. All knew the kind of guy who'd have LTR potential. In other words, they went for character, not flashy looks. You're thinking like a guy if you say they'll only go for the top 20%. Many women don't think that way, they don't go for the classically good-looking ones.

The better you understand women, the better your chances of finding one for a successful relationship.
The women who pursue are usually the worst looking ones IME. Fat, bad complexion, generally not attractive. I've had one decent looking chick who pursued me who disappeared after one date. I guess I'm nerdy and repulsive though.
Attached Thumbnails
Men do not like to be pursued!-unnamed.jpg  

Old 12-18-2014, 10:31 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
Just got tired of men only looking at me and other grade-school crush tactics of theirs, but not asking me out or anything.

/end rant
Did you give clear signals that it was okay to approach you and ask you out or did you play hard to get and kept them always at arms length? If a woman plays too hard to get she a) better be in that special upper 2% to make the chase worth it or b) I quickly lose interest and find somebody less difficult and actually "catchable".

Old 12-18-2014, 10:33 PM

619 posts, read 652,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Disagreed, respectfully. I'd pursue everything from Samwell Tarley to Jon Snow to Tyrion Lannister. The women I know, myself included, can't date a nice body, a handsome face with any hope for a future if that is all there is. Substance is a requirement.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:41 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
The women who pursue are usually the worst looking ones IME. Fat, bad complexion, generally not attractive. I've had one decent looking chick who pursued me who disappeared after one date. I guess I'm nerdy and repulsive though.
I agree, IMO, if you aren't a 9-10 guy the only ones that pursue guys are the fat, ugly ones, because they are desperate and have no other choice.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:42 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,211,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
I agree, IMO, if you aren't a 9-10 guy the only ones that pursue guys are the fat, ugly ones, because they are desperate and have no other choice.
Pretty much.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I disagree with this.

From what I've seen, women pursue the same men. The less attractive men need to put in more work because they will not be the woman's type. If a woman say "You're not my type", that means that she doesn't think the man is physically attractive. I've seen men turn that around, but the women have the power in those relationships.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:43 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Disagreed, respectfully. I'd pursue everything from [plain to hot]... can't date a nice body, a [pretty] face with any hope for a future if that is all there is. Substance is a requirement.
Agreed. This is true from the guy's perspective too.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
100% true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships