Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 07:21 PM

192 posts, read 177,970 times

Advertisements

I don't question my own self worth. I am just on the defensive with everyone based on what I see in my job, which I shouldn't be and have to resolve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 07:33 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Somehow I think she's the one who can do better.
Yup. She realizes it.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:39 PM

This would be a "hater" I referenced. Not sure why a person would write this. I've given all the facts. I wish the best for her, hoped we can try and work it out, and am now trying to move on.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:44 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returning_to_dating View Post
I wish the best for her, hoped we can try and work it out, and am now trying to move on.
It does not appear that way.

There is a disconnect.

In your OP, all you talk about is you and how YOU live such a desirable lifestyle that she should want to be with you based solely on that. And you want to know if her seeing you living this "lifestyle" on Facebook would make her want to be with you.

Then, when someone suggests that she won't and points out evidence YOU mentioned as to why, you turn very angry and insult her personally.

The fact that you really sound like you just want someone to fill in the blank is disturbing. The fact that you could go from "getting her back" to "how's that diet going, cow??" so quickly is disturbing.

Something is up with you.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:47 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
This would be a "hater" I referenced. Not sure why a person would write this. I've given all the facts. I wish the best for her, hoped we can try and work it out, and am now trying to move on.
You know why, because you're a nasty person who stalks an ex on Facebook then writes a nasty remark about her weight to make you feel like the superior one. You have psych issues that you need to attend to before you date any women. And if you don't like responses on an open forum then maybe a blog would be more your style.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:52 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
There have been some good women on here giving you advice. You don't seem to be catching on.

It is time to move on with your old GF. She and you are now old history. The fat lady has sung.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:54 PM

I agree I have issues I need to resolve. However, I never called her a "cow" ... not sure how that was inserted. Also, "stalking" is a real thing where people follow someone else around 24/7 and don't do anything else. Walk into a court house on a Monday morning. I haven't contacted her in over a month and don't plan to contact her again. Paying attention to new leads. I may have let myself in too much with her, but lame comments also help me know how okay I am doing. Thanks to all.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:55 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There have been some good women on here giving you advice. You don't seem to be catching on.

It is time to move on with your old GF. She and you are now old history. The fat lady has sung.
Now that she sings, he should try to make her scream... In the good way.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:28 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how to respond to that. The fact she was addressing the issue on her own over the first month is what kept me from bailing. I just don't like laziness, whether it be mentally or physically. Sorry to hear about the troubles in your marriage.
Working on the marriage - thank you.

Again, not knowing the entire story here, to say this is also looking down at someone, especially in the context of weight loss.

I'm a male who has been working hard at exercise and nutrition for 30 years. It's hard, real hard. I have had "down times" which you'd probably call lazy, but in fact I just couldn't maintain and needed a break. Then I was right back on it and back to where I was.

I believe it's even more difficult for a female to get in and stay with a program. Females have the added pressure of other people always judging them on their looks (males probably get that 5% of the time), and the female mind is much more emotional towards looks and weight and self-image. Just because I work out every day and in my mind wonder why everyone else can't do the same, I would never assume anyone beneath me who can't. I try to inspire, not put down. You should try it too.

Sorry to get off topic - guess it just hit a nerve. And again, not trying to be mean, but again an observation.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:33 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
I agree I have issues I need to resolve. However, I never called her a "cow" ... not sure how that was inserted.
Dude, it was hyperbole, a jokey summary of your low-class dig at her sushi post.

Look, you are not seeing the forest for the trees. You have an ego problem. It's obvious based on your reactions to the feedback you're getting.

You're so offended that people would dare question you that you aren't actually listening to what people are saying.

Yes, there were some harsh replies. But the fact is that you are more concerned about YOU and how people think of YOU than you are in learning about someone else and what might make her interesting.

You think you can just walk in and say, "I'm a mogul skier/baseball player/ blah blah blah attorney who works at my father's law firm, and I want a wife! Bow before me!"

There are TWO people in a relationship, and it's not just you and a woman who you think is lucky to be with you. You are going to have to work harder than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships