Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 05:34 PM

192 posts, read 177,970 times

Advertisements

I'll give the short version since I've posted on this relationship in another thread. This post is more about what Facebook might or might not be able to achieve.

I dated a girl for 3.5 months. We broke up little over a month ago but stayed Facebook friends. Other than her showing up in my news feed, there has been no contact.

When we broke up, she said I was still very handsome to her and she had a lot of respect for me. She also said I would be a good farther, which she had brought up she would be a good mother after the first time we were intimate.

So very early in the relationship she made it very clear the following things about me were attractive to her: my job (lawyer), my social status (very active and connected in the community thank god this is anonymous), my lifestyle (I had alot of success with skiing growing up and still do alot of action sports at a lake house in summer she visited and a ski resort in the winter she also visited with me), and that I come from a good family (My parents and relatives are very accomplished, and she really seemed to enjoy the time she spent with them).

Her reason for breaking up was the relationship felt forced. She told me I deserved to have a relationship that wasn't forced. I think alot of stress factors outside my control also contributed.

So what I am wondering: All the things she really like me are things that show up on Facebook. She'll see posts about work accomplishments, pictures from skiing, pictures of me in the community, pictures with my family, etc. It is possible she may have blocked me from her news feed, but I doubt it. (side note of a negative consequence is I think facebook determines who shows up in your chat box based on who you message with or in lots of photos with so everytime on Facebook there's her face right on my screen.)

Given the fact the relationship was relatively short but we were still intimate (she's Catholic and from what I could tell not very promiscuous) do you think that over time seeing me living a lifestyle she found extremely attractive will outweigh the limited negative thoughts that could possibly accumulate in such a short period of time? I feel like at some point, she might think I am living the lifestyle she would want her husband to win and the relationship was so relatively short why not give it another shot.

(Note I have not changed my Facebook use in anyway. Just post pictures at events, work accomplishments, etc. when appropriate. Have been tagged in some photos with attractive women since the relationship ended)

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 05:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
No.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:42 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
If she wanted you she'd have you. You weren't the one for her.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:54 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
OP.... you need to quit it with this one already. She has already told you and shown you that she doesn't want to be WITH you.

Save your self even more grief and move on. Good luck

Old 12-18-2014, 05:58 PM

Definitely trying to, thanks. But you do hear stories about people who didn't work the first time that end up very happy together. So I feel like it doesn't make complete sense to totally write it off until I find someone I know is better for me. Trust me, I'm out on dates, at the gym considering girls there, or on-line looking for and asking out girls before I come here and think about the girl I have been discussing.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:04 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Despite great qualities the relationship lacked the chemistry she was looking for and we can't predict future regrets or ah-ha moments.

You deserve someone who doesn't feel "forced", whatever that means, to be in your company.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:05 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,359,979 times
Once it's gone, let it go. Move on to the next woman.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Seriously, stop.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:07 PM

Trying to, thanks. Yeah, I don't know what "forced" means either. I think the only thing I could see is she felt like I was forcing myself to be attracted to her and forcing myself to make it a serious relationship too fast. Has anyone ever used the work "forced" or heard it in the relationship context?

Old 12-18-2014, 06:08 PM

619 posts, read 652,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returning_to_dating View Post
Definitely trying to, thanks. But you do hear stories about people who didn't work the first time that end up very happy together. So I feel like it doesn't make complete sense to totally write it off until I find someone I know is better for me. Trust me, I'm out on dates, at the gym considering girls there, or on-line looking for and asking out girls before I come here and think about the girl I have been discussing.
She really does deserve someone who thinks the world of her, which you've posted before that she wasn't really up to your standards. People who make it work a second time are usually in love the first time around. This isn't the case here...and she knew that she wasn't anything special to you.

Is it possible that you can't get over her because she called it quits, and you never thought she was good enough to begin with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships