Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 09:14 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Indeed. I'll never understand my associate's motives. These girls contact him, they're beautiful or average...and because he KNOWS the end goal is money (and they aren't playing games, they're very blunt about this..."Pay my rent, I'll treat you right" type stuff) he rips into them. He lacks what they're looking for, so he blames them for making him feel inadequate, even though he stepped into the situation, completely aware.

From their reaction, they're very used to men with no money on these sites...
Yep, that's exactly right. The underlined doesn't surprise me at all, either...I'm sure there are tons of broke men that are testing the waters just to see what life is like "on the other side".

I did it once with genuine interest, and the messages I got were simply ludicrous. At least half of them were women that basically wanted to give prostitution a shot, but didn't know how to go about doing it. I never actually found a woman I was interested enough in to jump into that kind of situation, but I wanted to see what the deal was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 10:14 PM

13,649 posts, read 9,708,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I did it once with genuine interest, and the messages I got were simply ludicrous. At least half of them were women that basically wanted to give prostitution a shot, but didn't know how to go about doing it.
I wonder how many of these female candidates are in fact undercover law enforcement. America (which is the presumptive location of most participants in this Forum) remains considerably a puritanical country, whence certain behaviors carry more risk than reward. Remember that Joe the Dentist, the hero of our tale, may not be a celebrity or inordinately rich. But being a dentist, a business-owner and provider of professional services to the public, he is something of a figure in the community. Indiscretions won't be treated lightly, and may severely damage his business.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:19 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I wonder how many of these female candidates are in fact undercover law enforcement. America (which is the presumptive location of most participants in this Forum) remains considerably a puritanical country, whence certain behaviors carry more risk than reward. Remember that Joe the Dentist, the hero of our tale, may not be a celebrity or inordinately rich. But being a dentist, a business-owner and provider of professional services to the public, he is something of a figure in the community. Indiscretions won't be treated lightly, and may severely damage his business.
If one has enough money to hire a full-time sugar baby, you would assume that he would also have enough money to hire a good private investigator to make sure she is who she says she is.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:21 PM

619 posts, read 651,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
If one has enough money to hire a full-time sugar baby, you would assume that he would also have enough money to hire a good private investigator to make sure she is who she says she is.
I agree with this post, providing that Joe the Dentist (sounds like a hitman) is thinking with the upper head.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:22 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,229,484 times
All the money in the world will rarely help a guy if

1) he's cheap as hell and continues to live a frugal lifestyle driving that old beater living in a poor neighborhood with the same clothes he bought from Wal-mart

2) he has little social skills and is an introvert who has no clue how to flirt

3) is so scared of being taken advantage of he goes out of his way to hide his wealth, making him look like a cheap miser.

So yes having money doesn't necessarily mean you will have women beating down your door, but if you have social skills, are not afraid to spend some of your money on yourself and others, chances are you have much better luck than the broke version of yourself.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
All the money in the world will rarely help a guy if

1) he's cheap as hell and continues to live a frugal lifestyle driving that old beater living in a poor neighborhood with the same clothes he bought from Wal-mart

2) he has little social skills and is an introvert who has no clue how to flirt

3) is so scared of being taken advantage of he goes out of his way to hide his wealth, making him look like a cheap miser.

So yes having money doesn't necessarily mean you will have women beating down your door, but if you have social skills, are not afraid to spend some of your money on yourself and others, chances are you have much better luck than the broke version of yourself.
Another option is to buy everything on credit to make it look like you're rich, while you're actually in tons of debt.

That's what most people seem to do.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Another option is to buy everything on credit to make it look like you're rich, while you're actually in tons of debt.

That's what most people seem to do.
Nothing like fakeness to build an everlasting relationship.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna1343 View Post
Nothing like fakeness to build an everlasting relationship.
Modern romance.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Modern romance.
I've gotten a lot of that modern romance on dates. Not so much the money factor, as money doesn't impress me as I earn my own...but the stories of greatness, of daring, of mythological wars waged in the name of all that is good and honorable. I always feel like I've just had dinner with a Templar Knight.

I tried once to interject and ask questions about some of these feats of bravery, and I was told that my questions ruined the romance of the date.

Reality=the ruination of romance.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:42 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,229,484 times
OP, there have been numerous studies done about the reasons for divorce. Finances rank right up there all the time. So if money can be a factor in divorces, why can't it impact romantic prospects?

No one is saying women are gold diggers. But unless you are dating a woman who's extremely frugal or an introvert with no hobbies that likes to stay home, a relationship can easily add up monetary wise. Just run of the mill things like eating out, movies, concerts, plays, vacations, sports, gifts(bdays, Christmas, valentine's day), etc etc etc costs money. And no I'm not talking about flying first class, eating at 5 star restaurants, expensive gifts, front row seats etc etc etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships